MasterCard Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
Based in Purchase, NY, the Vice President of Mergers & Acquisitions will be part of the Strategy, Corporate Development and M&A team and will report to the Senior Vice President, M&A. The VP of M&A will partner with global business units to drive the execution of acquisitions and equity investments in support of the global growth strategy. The VP M&A will play a key role in all stages of the M&A process and partners with business units, functional M&A due diligence teams and other Mastercard constituencies in order to execute M&A transactions.
• Play a leading role in overseeing M&A and investment activities globally
• Structure and execute acquisitions, equity investments and Joint ventures across the organization globally
• Lead all aspects of a robust acquisition process including
o organizing, coordinating and leading cross-functional due diligence teams to assess risks and opportunities
o coordinating external financial advisors and investment bankers
o leading discussions/negotiations with the acquisition target around price, contract terms, etc.
o evaluating business case including go-to-market plans for synergies and integration plan and costing
o valuation against comparable transactions and utilizing discounted cash flow methodologies
o structuring of complex transactions leveraging appropriate internal tax, legal regional and external resources
o summarizing and presenting due diligence findings and recommendations to executive management
• Lead acquisition/investment discussions at executive meetings
• Understand and communicate financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions & investments and recommend remediation actions
• Lead creation of acquisition deliverables such as presentations to senior executives and Board of Directors, deal closing approvals, etc.
All About You
• Bachelor’s Degree, MBA or CPA preferred
• Prior M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking or Transaction Advisory experience
• Experience leading complex cross-functional projects and teams
• Knowledge of payments, financial services or related areas a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Demonstrated executive level relationship building and partnering skills
• Strong analytical skills including financial modeling, accounting and valuation experience
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-103560