MasterCard Vice President, Learning & Development in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Learning & Development
We are looking for a “next practice” development inventor to help us change the way our employees experience and apply learning, how we develop talent and build the next generation of organizational capabilities.
• The person we are seeking for this job needs to have a demonstrated track record in creating the new and different, implementing innovative approaches to learning and talent development challenges and looking beyond conventional wisdom to create impactful changes in the learning and talent development space.
• The person must have a strong business orientation and ability to translate organizational needs into integrated learning and development plans that takes into consideration functional and professional skills, career development actions, people management & leadership development skills, and learning engagement and consumption strategies.
• This individual will lead the learning and talent development organization for Data & Services, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions, and Integrated Marketing & Communications.
• They will be primarily responsible for developing and executing and end to end learning and development strategy for these 3 business units/ functions globally partnering closely with other COE partners in Global Talent Development and Regional Talent Development functions. In addition, this individual will need to be able to identify integration and connections points related to talent management and talent acquisition activities to ensure that they are designing impactful and holistic learning and development plans.
• This individual will manage a small team of learning consultants and will need to partner well with other key stakeholders to successfully execute their learning and development plans. Key to the success of this role is the ability to understand and leverage different elements of the learning ecosystem (including but not limited to partnerships with external vendors, universities, strategic partners, etc.)
• Proactively create “next practice” learning, talent development solutions to better meet the needs of the business by translating business needs into skills and competency requirements to move the business forward
• Understand business strategies and identify/diagnose learning and skill gaps and opportunities
• Provide consultative advice and support regarding skill development, career development and organizational learning needs
• Provide insightful learning metrics and analysis to drive decisions about development programs
• Routinely seek and share external best practices with business partners and HR colleagues
• Invent and develop engaging learning and development experiences and programs by establishing clear learning objectives and using strong instructional design, content acquisition/development/curation, and learning program delivery skills
• Facilitate in person, virtual and blended learning programs and skill/career development meetings
• Identify the best learning modality and technology to delivery impactful learning experiences
• Identify appropriate learning vendors to assist in program design and execution
• Create and manage pilots to test new concepts and learn before launching full scale programs
• Manage large scale global projects with multiple stakeholders
• Manage multiple vendor relationships and ensure quality program delivery
• Consider the global perspective when designing, executing and scaling programs
Relationship Manager and Team Player:
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with partners and key stakeholders across the organization
• Demonstrate strong influencing and collaboration skills
• Openly communicate with team members and business partners regarding successes and challenges
• Proactively help other team members achieve their goals
All About You:
Significant years of diverse experience across different HR disciplines (talent development and management/OD/ OE/ change management / HRBP experience) with increasing responsibilities and expanding scope, ideally gained in a global company.
International experience preferred
Some business and/or professional consulting experience preferred
Innovative and out of the box thinking
M&A experience preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85804