MasterCard Vice President, Franchise Innovation North America in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Franchise Innovation North America
Mastercard operates the world’s fastest payment processing network, connecting consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses in more than 210 countries and territories. Every day, everywhere, we use our technology and expertise to make payments safe, simple and smart. We know safety and security are the top priorities of our customers, cardholders and partners, so we won’t stand still in developing new and better ways to keep payments safe.
The Franchise Innovation team is passionate about doing well by doing good.
Our mission is to enhance and evolve our existing Franchise offerings - and to create the new platforms and Franchises of the Future including both new payment and non-payment networks.
This role is part of specialized team focusing on providing Innovative solutions to support Mastercard’s customers within the North America region enabling the business to expand into new business opportunities where franchise solutions can be leveraged to dramatically scale our business.
This position has a dual reporting line into the SVP, Franchise North America regional lead and the SVP, Franchise Innovation vertical lead.
• Create franchise strategies that drive innovative solutions for new business initiatives such as push-based account payments.
• Identify franchise issues related to new growth opportunities and improve pace of internal decision making for new rules developments
• Develop new concepts that support expanding the franchise and creating additional value for Mastercard and its customers, while at the same time ensuring the integrity of our assets
• Stay ahead of business trends related to new market and business opportunities; understand/communicate potential impact on licenses, rules, compliance and systems
• Translate changes in the regulatory and legal landscape into standards and requirements strategy relevant to Mastercard's business
• Provide direction for new products and new customer types to transform the payment ecosystem, based on advancement of industry rules and standards
• Leverage input from internal stakeholders to enhance and align existing and new requirements on rules to enable Franchise growth
• Ensure new products/platforms will protect the brand integrity while driving new business and/or protecting existing business.
• Execute on the team goals to achieve Franchise priorities in tandem with regional business objectives;
All About You:
• Extensive knowledge of our payments business, the mobile/eCommerce spaces, and new technology
• Attention to detail, strong business acumen and solutions-orientation are critical, as is an ability to demonstrate thought leadership
• Technical and/or product development experience
• Strong analytical, problem solving and creative thinking skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with a passion for collaboration and teamwork
• Solutions oriented / results driven capabilities
• Ability to interact effectively with internal and external business partners
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written – ability to build compelling presentations
• Periodic travel required
• Bachelor’s Degree
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-85919