MasterCard Vice President, Enterprise Strategy in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Enterprise Strategy
The Vice President, Enterprise Strategy, will report to the Executive Vice President, Strategy, Corporate Development and M&A and will be based in Purchase, NY. This key position and will play a leading role in the formulation, analytical review, preparation and communication of corporate strategy; will lead projects or major work streams related to emerging strategic issues and business area strategies as needed; and will undertake strategic reviews as requested by management. Incumbent will also work with the company’s business leaders and corporate development team to inform and assist in driving the inorganic growth agenda of the company, based on its overall strategic priorities.
• Identify, structure, prioritize, and lead projects or major work streams related to MasterCard corporate strategy, priorities, and special initiatives
• Manage project teams across functions and markets to structure and solve business problems and make recommendations on a wide range of issues
• Balance facilitation, influence, and content contributions to help business leaders design and advance their strategies, ensuring alignment with the corporate strategy
• Develop frameworks and perspectives to support the prioritization of corporate initiatives
• Assist senior management in identifying key issues, evaluating options, and developing action plans; drive rigorous, fact-based recommendations
• Periodically refine the corporate strategy to reflect the key issues that impact, or are expected to impact the company
• Maintain oversight of the process of strategy implementation by guiding development of execution plans and performance targets
• Maintain business landscape knowledge, to provide solid foundational context for projects
• Develop key messages for communicating the corporate strategy and objectives to internal and external parties
• Evaluate potential areas for acquisition and/or investment based on the company’s strategic priorities
All About You:
• MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic experience
• Demonstrated experience in strategy/management consulting required
• Experience in M&A and/or corporate development
• Experience in and/or exposure to the financial services/payments a plus
• Global or multi-national business experience strongly preferred along with highly developed multi-cultural sensitivity
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders
• Ability to challenge established views and assumptions at all levels and facilitate/lead discussions & debates
• Strong interpersonal and leadership skills to influence and build credibility; team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic, and flexible
• Personal presence and ability to clearly communicate compelling messages to senior management and business partners
• Excellent presentation and writing skills
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-98288