MasterCard Vice President, Data Strategy in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Vice President, Data Strategy
• The Data Strategy team in the Data Strategy & Management organization (Chief Data Office) is responsible for developing and driving data strategies for the global product and services teams. The team ensures that Mastercard obtains and maintains the value of Mastercard’s data assets as we build new products and services that collect, use or share data.
• The Vice President, Data Strategy is responsible for implementing and coordinating processes and communications to align all of Mastercard’s business unit’s data strategies and related data-driven product development efforts. This role also will advance the data strategy for internal corporate functions and advise those functions regarding data issues.
Vice President, Data Strategy
• Develop and implement enterprise wide processes for the evaluation of data driven products. Draft necessary templates and guides to support those processes. Develop tracking methologies and information repositiories for the documents created in the course of that process.
• Create communications and education to further the data product evaluation process, including a communications strategy. Implement the communication strategy in concert with the Data Strategy team.
• Understand the information infrastructure and data needs for corporate functions, including Human Resources, Finance and Law and Franchise Integrity. Based on those requirements, Identify data-related process, policy, data acquisition and infrastructure requirements.
• Develop frameworks to define parameters for the use, collection and sharing of the corporate functions’ data sets taking into consideration the data, operational, reputational and partnership-related requirements for the corporate function.
• Work with Data Strategy Leads, the Data Management team and O&T to develop a horizontal technology roadmap to build technological solutions for managing data that meet the needs of multiple business stakeholder groups.
All About You
• Experience building and implementing processes
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
• Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals
• Ability to create strategies and plans that define how information can be utilized to support an organization's overall business strategy, and how that information and data is organized, and governed inside an organization
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
• Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Payments industry experience preferred or experience with equally complex systems
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-72982