MasterCard Vice President, Data Strategy in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Vice President, Data Strategy
The Data Strategy role is responsible for understanding and coordinating the data strategy and related product designs and for translating that into data requirements for the products and services provided by the following global business units (a) commercial; (b) consumer products; (c) foundry and (d) NPP. This role will provide advice to the business team regarding data issues to extend and expand the data literacy of the organization, while working as part of the central Data Strategy & Management team to identify issues that need to be resolved across business teams at an organization-wide level.
• Enable the development of data driven products and solutions while identifying long-term data requirements related to data structure, and organization, as well as those education and tools needed to expand data literacy in the business teams
• Understand the business unit’s business strategy, data infrastructure and data needs for both new and existing products and services across various product initiatives within the respective business unit
• Translate business strategy into data requirements for the products and solutions for the business units
• Identify data-related process, policy and infrastructure requirements resulting from new and evolving product constructs
• Develop frameworks to define acceptable risk parameters for the business unit taking into consideration the legal, contractual and reputational risks for both the business and the enterprise under the supervision of the central Information Governance and Privacy teams
Develop data communications and positions relating to data policy issues impacting their business units
All About You
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering. Must work well in both team and individual settings and must be able to work with a geographically dispersed team
• Ability to motivate and influence highly skilled professionals to achieve major organizational goals
• Ability to create strategies and plans that define how information can be utilized to support an organization's overall business strategy, and how that information and data is organized, and governed inside an organization
• Strong analytic capabilities, and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
• Strong project management skills and a demonstrated ability to understand complex information product constructs
• Familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data, including NAI guidelines, FTC behavioral advertising guidelines, Mobile Marketing best practices, and Direct Marketing Association ethical rules
• Motivated self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Payments industry experience preferred or experience with equally complex systems
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140824