MasterCard Strategy Manager - Product - Growth Strategy in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Strategy Manager - Product - Growth Strategy
Send is Mastercard’s interoperable global platform that allows funds to be sent quickly and securely– typically within seconds. Send is key to enabling and driving the growth of new payment flows like domestic P2P, cross border remittances, and disbursements for leading technology platforms, businesses, governments, and non-profits.
As a member of the Send Strategy Team, the Manager of Strategy is responsible for leading and developing Send’s global strategy. The Manager will help drive and execute the strategy, and support other cross-cutting strategic initiatives. This role is at the heart of our ability to scale Send’s business across all regions to drive revenue, and market relevance. This role reports to the VP of Strategy and Growth, with close connectivity to the EVP of Send, SVP of Strategy and Growth, and SVP of Product Management.
The Manager of Strategy will have a proven track record of driving and executing on product strategy to align to market demand and strategic goals. S/he will have an impressive track record of outstanding leadership and execution. More specifically, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Development of Send’s Strategy and Growth plans, Competitor & Market Intelligence, and identification of new business opportunities/partnerships to extend our market position
• Assisting leadership in identifying key issues, defining problem structures, evaluating options, and formulating action plans to begin developing solutions
• Leading projects or work streams related to Send’s growth, developing presentations, generating research insights, undertaking complex analysis to support recommendations
• Supporting the rest of Leadership Team, to drive impact, increase collaboration, and address cross-cutting topics (e.g., around Platform/Tech, GTM)
• Developing a narrative to drive the positioning for Send and working closely with Marketing and Communications to deliver this narrative
• Partnering with the Account Management and Market Development teams to identify new business opportunities; articulate Send’s positioning and value proposition; and represent Send with new and existing customers
• Bringing competitor insights to help identify product development opportunities, meet customer needs, and ensure the product roadmap is aligned to market
• Building compelling business cases and driving regional buy-in to ensure execution
ALL ABOUT YOU
• Strong business and financial acumen. Deep experience in growth strategy and execution– ideally through experience in strategy consulting or on an internal strategy team at a global firm
• Demonstrate complex project management skills, strong interpersonal skills, and effective communication skills; leads cross-functional teams/projects as appropriate
• Decisive and results driven, with high energy levels and initiative
• A critical and conceptual thinker with the vision to see issues strategically
• Able to pivot easily between macro to micro issues. Able to execute against multiple initiatives and excel in a fast-paced environment with evolving priorities.
• Strong analytical skills and comfortable using data to support thinking/ recommendations
• Be a good collaborator and listener, influencer and able to navigate a matrixed organization and /reporting structure. Be able to navigate ambiguity with ease.
• Be intellectually curious and well-informed of emerging trends and market disruptors that impact the business.
• Strong written and oral communications skills; experience developing presentations for executive audiences
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-131781