MasterCard Sr. Specialist, Product Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Specialist, Product Development
The SRC Merchant Onboarding and Registration Product Owner is responsible for defining and delivering features to build out and enhance Merchant/PSP Onboarding capabilities for Secure Remote Commerce (SRC). Primary focus will be on delivering automated/self-service onboarding-related interfaces (Applications and APIs) and frictionless user-experience for Merchants, Payment Service Providers and internal related stakeholders.
• Defines business and technical requirements, manages the relationships of technical resources and the Global Technology Organization to maintain and build out platforms.
• Researches new technologies and competitive products to develop additional product ideas and enhancements.
• Performs launch-related activities associated with new or highly customized product implementations, including marketing/communication and collateral.
• Drives requirements, participates in idea exploration, technical design, development exchanges and release planning
• Participates in translating product requirements into technical specifications
• Leads initiative decomposition, story composition and product acceptance criteria
• Works with UX team to create user experience mockups
• Contribute to the development of new products and product enhancements to meet customers’ needs
• Follows the New Product Development/Go-To-Market (NPD/GTM) Process for assigned areas of responsibility
• Participates in assigned phases of the product development life cycle which may range from concept to launch.
• Enhances the development of the product value proposition.
• Participates in the planning, development and design of platform strategy
• Coordinate activities with client facing teams, internal development teams, third parties and/or joint ventures
• Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent work experience
Knowledge / Experience:
• Prior related work experience in product development, preferably in financial services or the bankcard industry
• Knowledge of product development operations
• Experience in banking/financial operations highly desirable
• Management experience preferred
• Ability to apply product development concepts and practices across the product development life cycle
• Solid understanding of the payments industry with an ability to identify viable solutions to business problems
• Business acumen coupled with a strong customer focus and analytical skills
• Advanced verbal and written communication skills including presentation skills
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and team with internal and external business partners
• Interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a highly matrixed organization
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114177