MasterCard Sr. Auditor in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
• Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment where both attention to detail and big picture focus are equally and critically important?
• Are you eager to understand Mastercard’s global business and provide management with insight and perspective on governance, risk management, and internal controls?
• Have you been successful as part of a global team with diverse skills and experiences?
Mastercard’s global Internal Audit team provides independent and objective assurance and advisory services to assess and enhance the effectiveness and efficiency of Mastercard’s governance, risk management and internal control processes. This position will be responsible for providing day-to-day execution of audit and advisory projects. Position will be based in Mastercard global headquarters in Purchase, NY.
• Participate in planning and executing operational audits within and across business lines
• Identify control gaps and process improvement opportunities, and evaluate compliance with operational, legal, regulatory, and policies and procedures
• Provide input into value-added audit findings that provide clarity to, and stimulate action from management
• Provide input into management action items required for resolution of control issues
• Track and monitor management action plans to ensure timely resolution of identified control gaps
• Be a champion and advocate for strong risk management and governance controls, and partner with other control functions to strengthen our three lines of defense model
• Work with colleagues locally and across Mastercard offices around the world
All About You:
• Ability to quickly understand and critically analyze complex processes, identify and assess potential risks, and determine whether those risks are appropriately mitigated (using various techniques, such as problem solving, root cause and data analyses)
• Intellectually curious, self-motivated, passionate, works well both independently and as part of a team
• Demonstrated experience in, and commitment to, the fields of internal / external audit, through work experience, or experience working in operations with a focus on risk management within a major global organization, or a risk management function
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree and/or professional certification desirable
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal
• Committed to self-development; encourages constructive criticism, and seeks opportunities to capitalize on demonstrated strengths and to identify and address development areas
• Able to deliver high-quality work, within budget and on time
• Ability to travel up to 25%
• Internal/external audit experience
• Understanding of the Standards for Professional Practice of Internal Audit of the Institute of Internal Auditors, auditing procedures and techniques
• Proficient with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, ACL or similar audit tool
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-96219