MasterCard Sr Analyst, US Product Marketing in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr Analyst, US Product Marketing
The US Product Marketing team at Mastercard supports the go-to market strategy for a variety of new and established products areas. This role will focus on driving adoption and usage of our security and newer digital payment products through channels like sales enablement, demand generation, trade shows and partner co-marketing. We need a dynamic self-starter that wants to help make an impact with digital first solutions to simplify and secure transactions for millions of people.
• Partner with product and other business teams to develop differentiated value propositions through research and other validation methods
• Develop and deploy a content strategy to drive thought leadership to help sell our products and solutions. May include sales materials, eBooks, white papers, infographics, etc.
• Develop additional materials that tell compelling and captivating stories about our solutions, customers, and brand (eg. videos, demos, websites, etc)
• Support the activation of B2B marketing campaigns that create demand for solutions using digital media, social platforms, CRM and trade shows/virtual events. Includes coordination of various agencies, budgets, and timelines.
• Work with agencies to design and develop consumer facing direct marketing materials that our partners can deploy to drive adoption of digital payments.
All About You
• Product or B2B marketing experience, particularly in content development, digital/social marketing and sales enablement.
• Proficient in taking complex ideas that can be communicated with clear and compelling narratives through digital and non-digital formats. Writing will be an important part of the role.
• Digital savvy and ability to understand the basic concepts of technology. Experience marketing a technology based product preferred.
• Detail oriented and able to keep cross-functional projects moving against deadlines
• Experience with agency management, and enjoys solving problems through creative media and design
• Entrepreneurial spirit that can bring new ideas and wants to make an impact
• Bachelor's degree required
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136742