MasterCard Sr. Accountant, Products and Services in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Sr. Accountant, Products and Services
The role of the Sr. Accountant within the Products & Services Controllership requires the individual to perform procedures critical to ensuring the integrity of the financial statements in partnership with global and regional finance teams, regional controllerships and the global business shared service organization. The Products & Services Sr. Accountant will support the Director, Products & Services Controller to provide advisory support to the finance and business teams across a number of areas including accounting memos & policies, deal structures and terms and P&L accounting assessments, while ensuring that strong controls are in place and are functioning as expected.
In this role, the individual is responsible for assisting the Director, Products & Services Controller in the following areas:
• Ensures integrity and accuracy of financials for certain Products & Services verticals and has responsibility for ensuring compliance with policy and external and corporate accounting requirements
• Prepares monthly quarterly and ad-hoc management reporting including variance analysis and executive presentations
• Assist in financial decisions related to business transactions including revenue transactions, vendor agreements, and acquisitions and investments by providing accounting/regulatory advice and by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures
• Assists in contract reviews, preparation of technical accounting memorandums and ensures appropriate accounting treatment as well as alignment with the approved business case
• Supports a strong control environment by establishing, monitoring and enforcing operational and SOX controls based on corporate guidelines and general governance standards. Identify areas where controls can be strengthened
• Assists with the implementation of process improvements
All About You:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline, Certified Public Accountant or Chartered Accountant or equivalent
• Strong general accounting knowledge including US & International GAAP
• Strong analytical skills with experienced reviewing and analyzing for appropriate accounting treatment
• Accounting research capabilities to assist with special projects
• Proactively builds relationships with business partner
• Experience executing controls and assessing their effectiveness
• Presentation and communication skills
• Proficient PC skills, especially Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Hyperion & Oracle a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-115434