MasterCard Specialist, Product Management in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Specialist, Product Management
At Mastercard, our industry expertise is enhanced by our commitment to being a force of good in the world. We do well by doing good. Our core values of trust, partnership, agility, and thoughtful risk-taking are displayed in everything we do. Our culture of collaboration and inclusion makes our company a place where the best people choose to be.
We are looking for someone to join our team and help us build towards the future. This position will support to conceptualize, rationalize, and drive the strategy and implementation of CORE optimization across the organization. This person should be fluid in the existing literature and the development of new case studies, best practice guides, playbooks to be disseminated to different actors across the organization.
This position needs to be flexible to mold with the evolution of the optimization, economics, and analytics team. Products, new solutions and digital trends change and evolve, the position needs to be always open to investigate all different environment into payments ecosystem and seek creative ways to accelerate and optimize the existing product and services using existing and designing frameworks and go to market strategies supporting regions/markets around the globe.
Optimization is a team that focuses on how products are enabled, activated, approved, and used by different actors in the payment ecosystem. The team is knowledgeable on trends, opportunity sizing an different use cases that drive growth to optimize priority products for Mastercard. (Target, Create, Execute and Measure)
• Coordinates internal forums to identify, propose and development opportunities in alignment with Small Ticket Payments Strategy – Cash to Digital migration (cash displacement focus)
• Owns and manages strategy documentation ensuring features and associated documentation are clear and easily consumable by other internal stakeholders
• Monitors product campaign performances to create Best Practices to scale and replicate between regions
• Focused on taking a data approach with day-to-day activities. Must showcase comfortability in pulling, analyzing, and presenting data to upper-level management. (KPI tracking and measure during the year defining changes to achieve global target)
• Create business cases using both internal and externally sourced assumptions to support optimization strategy.
• Advanced skills in analysis, documentation and requirement gathering
• Strong communication skills, attention to detail and ability to function independently with competing demands
• High degree of initiative, self-motivation, and willingness to take on challenging opportunities
• Ability to coordinate with other regions, markets, product, marketing teams to coordinate & drive optimization across Mastercard
• Ability to tell stories and influence minds through presentations and supporting documents.
• Understand the need’s and nuances of digital environments and technological trends
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-168517