MasterCard Senior Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Vice President, Mergers and Acquisitions
The Senior Vice President, M&A, will be based in Purchase and will be part of the Strategy, Corporate Development and M&A team reporting to the Executive Vice President, Strategy, Corporate Development & M&A. The SVP, M&A is a highly visible position that plays a key role in working with Mastercard executives to drive the execution of acquisitions and equity investments in support of the global growth strategy.
• Lead the M&A team in performing all elements of M&A execution for all acquisitions, investments and joint ventures globally including structuring, due diligence, valuation, negotiation and executive presentations
• Actively coach and motivate high performing team to foster development and encourage outstanding results
• Partner as a trusted advisor with senior Corporate and Business Unit management on M&A evaluation and execution
• Understand and communicate financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions and investments and recommend remediation actions
• Lead cross-functional teams in diligence efforts and initial integration planning
• Develop relationships with key external parties including sellers, target companies, bankers, and financial advisors
ALL ABOUT YOU:
• MBA or other advanced degree preferred
• Strategic mindset and significant relevant M&A, Corporate Development, Investment Banking or Transaction Advisory experience and ability to advance the strategy-led M&A framework
• Led the diligence on many prior deals and can help navigate issues / negotiate points externally and internally to gain alignment
• Experience developing optimal transaction structures and negotiating related purchase agreements
• A leader with executive presence able to fully connect with the payment industry and see lateral opportunities across geographies and industries
• Ability to navigate and successfully build relationships among c-suite executives internally and externally, understand Mastercard’s existing capabilities and growth strategies, and lead a high performing M&A team
• Experience leading complex cross-functional projects and teams globally
• Knowledge of payments, financial services or related areas a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication/presentation skills
• Ability to travel
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-95440