MasterCard Senior Vice President, Communications, Product & Engineering in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Vice President, Communications, Product & Engineering
Mastercard is the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. The company is a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. Mastercard ensures every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. The company believes in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
The Communications team is focused on driving programs and activities that build, support and defend Mastercard’s reputation among key internal and external audiences. The broader team has been designed to closely mirror the business and support the company’s efforts in delivering world-class payments experiences.
The Communications lead for Products and Engineering Communications will report to the Executive Vice President of Communications and will be responsible for advancing the awareness and leadership position of the company’s unique product set.
This individual will serve as the primary relationship manager for senior executives across the products and engineering, and operations and technology organizations, leading a team who will provide communications and thought leadership support for Mastercard’s innovation strategies. His/her team will connect the dots between the day-to-day products and solutions and the greater promise of Mastercard’s mutli-rail strategy, along with the brand’s efforts in trust and inclusion, across all regions and business units.
Works in collaboration with the Executive Vice President, Communications, Chief Product Officer, and other senior business and Marketing & communications leaders to develop progressive, integrated communications and marketing strategies to advance the company’s mission, and evolve, promote and protect Mastercard’s brand and reputation
• Drive the development of holistic internal and external communications campaign for product and engineering communications
• Serve as communications counsel for Chief Product Officer and the Product & Engineering Leadership Team.
• Partner with Executive Vice President of product/B2B marketing and their team to drive greater collaboration and connectivity in programs
• Partner with global and regional communications teams to tailor programs based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
• Identify industry and market trends to understand key perceptions, motivations and drivers related to payments, technology and security
• Enable greater alignment and support of regional product communications activities through incremental set of tools and processes
• Leverages relationships with key media and industry analysts to support of planned product/service launches and corporate announcements
• Manage and mentor a cross-functional team supporting the company’s diverse product set
• Use measurement tools to assess the impact of communications programs to refine activities
• Excellent written and oral communications skills; flawless editing to support clear ideas, advanced story making capability
• Strong relationship management skills and ability to work collaboratively and deliver results with global, multi-cultural and remote project teams
• Demonstrated track record of high-profile media relationships and placements
• Creative thinker possessing high level of comfort with fast-paced, dynamic work environment
• Strong ability to prioritize, multitask and manage to deadlines
• Previous leadership of complex cross-functional projects locally or for several countries
• Issues and crisis management experience preferred, but not required
• Ability to translate complex business, economic and policy issues material into easily understood, actionable programs
• Comfortable presenting complex issues to internal and external audiences
• Solid understanding of balancing and prioritizing needs of multiple stakeholders
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125319