MasterCard Senior Specialist NAM Small Business Segment in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist NAM Small Business Segment
Senior Specialist Small Business Segment
There are over 30 million Small Businesses in the US, growing by 1 million annually, which account for over 99% of all companies, and more than half of all jobs and sales revenue generated in the country? Small business owners are the hustlers who work beyond the typical 9-to-5 job and put it all on the line in order to pursue their passion. And while they may be called “small”, they are mighty – navigating unchartered territory in the name of growing their business and serving as a pillar of their community.
As the lifeblood of our economy, it is our mission to help ensure that Small Businesses succeed by first focusing on their needs. The US Small Business Segment team is responsible for advancing the Mastercard small business efforts throughout the United States. We have incredibly audacious goals for growing our revenue and market share and have several big projects to help us meet that objective. One of those projects is a complete redesign of the value propositions of our Small Business cards in the US market, which will include partnerships such as Digital tools and Merchant Partner offers.
The Senior Specialist Small Business Segment will partner with internal groups to assess overarching client and competitive trends research leveraging analytics to provide an understanding of small business dynamics; as well as identifying profitability improvement opportunities across small business portfolios and products. The ideal candidate is intellectually curious, analytical, highly-motivated and passionate about the small business and payments space.
• Provide research and insights to the small business team to drive a needs based customer centric approach for products and platforms across small business
• Leverage data and analytics to assist in customer conversations and RFP’s as well as to identify product enhancement opportunities across MC assets
• Manage key financial aspects of budget, results, pipeline to drive execution and results
• Participate in forward looking strategy conversations/workshops
• Support Small Business Team in the creation of value propositions and our overarching strategy that leverage key market trends, innovative solutions and future state of the business
• Develop product and process documentation
• Work with the pillars of the small business segment strategy as well as global input to leverage our integrated analytics tools and research to drive change focused on the current and future state of small business
• Collaborate with internal teams across MasterCard, and external parties including research firms to identify and recommend innovative solutions based on sound analytics
• Develop product and process documentation
All About You:
• Proven ability to influence and motivate others to achieve objectives
• Understanding of competitive offerings and industry trends
• Ability to oversee multiple projects and initiatives concurrently
• Proven experience working collaboratively in a cross-functional role
• Team player with the ability to clearly articulate thoughts and ideas in written and verbal forms
• Outstanding communication/presentation skills
• Strong sense of urgency
• Always looking for ways to solve challenges with the capability to challenge the status quo
• An analytical thinker with strong intellectual curiosity and a love for learning
• Proficient in PowerPoint, Excel and Teams
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162622