MasterCard Senior Specialist, Global Debit Consumer Segments in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Specialist, Global Debit Consumer Segments
The Global Debit Consumer Segments team is responsible for developing and deploying a consumer segment strategy starting with creating our foundational insights for key consumer segments to inform our product management and product development efforts for Debit Consumer Products globally. The team also provides ongoing thought leadership to internal and external partners.
The Sr. Specialist, Global Debit Consumer Segments will work cross-functionally in close partnership with Consumer Insights, Product Marketing, Consumer Products (i.e., Debit, Credit, Prepaid) and the Regions to develop proprietary insight on the attitudes, needs and behaviors of our priority segments and identify opportunities that we can address with our product management and product development activities to better serve consumers’ financial needs and accelerate our growth while driving differentiation.
• Deliver key consumer insights to support our product line strategy by assessing consumer needs and correlating them to benefits of our current products, evaluating our competitive position and identifying areas of opportunity.
• Support the development of consumer centric new products/value propositions that consider the market conditions and overall economics across stakeholders.
• Partner with the product development team to deploy new products/solutions via technology development or partnerships including concept testing and market pilots.
• Help create overall consumer segment strategy including sizing, sub-segmentation, needs and solutions prioritization working closely with the Product Management team to inform our product line and go-to-market strategies.
• Work closely with regions, markets, and account teams to provide thought leadership and address any gaps in local consumer segment knowledge.
• Monitor and maintain expertise in the competitive landscape and react, adjust, or capitalize on accordingly.
• Assist with the creation of external & internal sales, thought leadership and training materials to be rolled out globally.
All About You
• Good understanding of consumer segment: needs, competitive offerings and industry trends
• Exposure to product management and experience in bringing new ideas from creation to execution
• Consumer Insights, Consumer Packaged Goods, Marketing and Product Management experience desired
• Able to get things done through other people, strong influencing skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Bachelor’s Degree required
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-83632