MasterCard Senior Specialist, Data/Business Analyst - Product Management in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Specialist, Data/Business Analyst - Product Management
The Insights global product management team, within Data & Services is responsible for delivering operational insights to our customers. The team is responsible for delivering value to our customers while monetizing Mastercard's data assets.
The Senior Specialist, Product Management, will collaborate with several internal organizations and client teams to understand their operational pain-points and data requirements, identify data assets that can address these needs and quickly develop and deliver revenue generating solutions. The Senior Specialist will need to be innovative and a demonstrated self-starter.
• work with internal and external stakeholders to analyze business and customer needs
• decompose business requirements and customer experiences into features and user stories
• work with Technical Product Managers, Developers, UX designers to detail the business requirements
• prioritizing the backlog while defining the acceptance criteria for user stories
• monitor feature development at the feature level, adjusting throughout implementation as needed
• review product demo against acceptance criteria for the feature set
• act as the voice of the business / customer
• manage relationships with various stakeholders - Business Owners, Testing Teams, etc.
• coordinate with various groups in MasterCard to ensure the success of the projects
• track and report on the status of project plans
• ensure successful implementation & commercialization of features
• led full lifecycle development project and used various development methodologies including Agile (SAFe)
• experience in agile delivery methodologies
• understands the technologies and are able to discuss with development team
• experience in writing Features and User Stories
• understanding of the Payment and Cards industry
• exposure to relevant Microsoft Office programs
• knowledge of data analysis, data warehouse/relational database
• capable of understanding SQL queries
• demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in order to meet project constraints
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-121779