MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors -Marketing Training & Engagement Specialist in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant, Advisors -Marketing Training & Engagement Specialist
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and recommendations. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
While specializing in the payments industry, Mastercard Data & Services also works closely with major retailers, airlines, and other enterprises, leveraging data and insights garnered from within and beyond its network.
We are looking for passionate and talented professionals, who share our vision for data-driven consulting, to join us and take a leading role in shaping the growth of our team.
As an Senior Managing Consultant, you will have the opportunity to lead key client engagements across a range of topics and types of marketing related and data-driven projects.
• Delivering digital marketing projects and marketing solutions including data-driven digital campaigns, marketing automation, and card lifecycle management initiatives designed to address a wide range of business needs/customer challenges such as acquisition, launch, activation, usage, cross and up selling, retention and loyalty
• Identifying creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesizing analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and creating effective, impactful storylines and slides.
• Building strong relationships with mid-level customer management and independently assessing customer agenda, internal culture and change readiness
• Leveraging exceptional expertise in marketing, test & learn and data analytics
• Working with external marketing related partners with effective platforms, capabilities, expertise and innovative solutions that best support the growth of our business
We are looking for a Training & Engagement Specialist who is a key team member who designs and executes staff engagement solutions to increase product acquisition at financial institutions and merchants. He/she will demonstrate expertise in training, staff engagement, project management, and problem-solving skills for comparable audiences. While this individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert in the payment cards industry, that experience is preferable.
• Develop and executes client facing programs that focus on staff cross sell programs for banks and merchants. Products served
o Consumer: Debit, credit, prepaid cards
o Small Business: Debit, credit
o Corporate: Commercial cards, AP solutions
• Cross sell programs include staff motivational campaigns, training programs, employee conferences and sales support initiatives
o Training: Design and development: eLearning, videos, huddles, iPDFs
o Staff Campaigns: branch/merchant-wide team campaigns, staff contents (both online and offline)
o Staff Conferences: Develop and coordinate all conference planning and execution for large conferences (100+ attendees)
o Sweepstakes: Customer facing sweep set-up and administration
o Sales Support: Develop support tools for bank/merchant staff
• Lead project management for all delivery: Project planning, creative, content development, production, fulfillment, tracking, pre/post analysis
• Manages third party agency for deliverables
• Manages time and controls own work effectively
• Ensures quality and timely delivery of deliverables
• Management of budget/profitability on deliverables
• Develops day to day working relationship with client management team and develop the client proposals
• Capable of managing multiple delivery projects simultaneously
• Establishes and leverages comprehensive knowledge of applicable analytical tools and techniques and identifies all relevant implications
• Provides support in the development of new services or solutions
• Identifies client challenges and brings ideas on opportunities
Bring your Passion and Expertise
We recruit for and value the following core competencies:
• Passion: Actively seeks responsibility and takes pride in delivering the highest quality results and recommendations to our clients.
• Analytic Excellence: Demonstrates a strong aptitude for structured problem solving and quantitative skills.
• Project Management: Clear interest in project delivery with business clients, and intuition for the way that companies make decisions.
• Communication and Presence: Excellent written and verbal communication skills in client-facing situations, positioning Mastercard’s solutions as high value solutions in sales and delivery conversations.
• Teamwork: Willingness to work within small teams to produce outstanding deliverables, with a will to win attitude.
• Integrity: Commitment to Mastercard's values of honesty and integrity with a willingness to embrace and learn from our mistakes.
• Diverse Perspective: Brings a unique skillset or approach to the table in every client engagement or internal activity.
• Undergraduate or master’s degree and intermediate work experience after completing your degree(s)
• Marketing experience within retail banking or card marketing at a regional bank
• Exposure to payments and/or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Excellent client relationship management
• Sales development/engagement skills
• Experience w/ retail bank product training
• Marketing experience with key focus in digital and data-driven marketing
• Experience in a consulting organization as a consultant is a plus
• Experience directly managing multiple people across multiple workstreams
• Exceptional quantitative problem-solving skills and ability to structure analyses to form data-driven solutions to ambiguous client challenges
• Exposure to payments and / or retail banking or merchants preferred
• Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively
• Demonstrated ability to build trust-based relationships with both junior- and senior-level client contacts
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Advanced Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills required
• Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of which they are applying for a position in, as well as eligible to apply for travel visas as required by travel needs.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138752