MasterCard Senior Managing Consultant Advisors Business Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Managing Consultant Advisors Business Development
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data, networks and partnerships, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
The Data & Services Team
The Data & Services (D&S) team is the professional services arm of Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that address key issues facing our customers. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast, this team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse, global customer base. We combine traditional management consulting with our rich data assets and in-house technology platforms, to provide our clients with powerful strategic insights and execution capabilities. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, test-and-learn business experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
Mastercard Advisors Network Sales
The Mastercard Advisors Network Sales team focuses on advancing our payment ecosystem’s development priorities at the segment/country/regional level, by identifying pain-points that cut across multiple clients in a geography, designing market-wide services solutions, selling into the market and overseeing overall execution to ensure value creation.
The position will be part of the team managing Network Sales in NAM. You will be responsible for leading activities across the spectrum of the business development and sales pipeline: origination and analysis, product and proposal development, client interaction and sales, contract and system management, execution and value creation oversight.
You will have the opportunity to own deals, lead strategic client engagements across a range of topics, segments and types of projects. Working with technology and data, you will generate key hypotheses and independently structure workstreams covering client problems. Managing ongoing client opportunities, sales pipeline and supporting sales closures, you will also create creative and useful analyses to address client problems, synthesize analyses into clear, sound recommendations, and create effective, impactful storylines and slides.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
• You will manage sales pipeline and revenue, and ensuring ongoing engagements create value.
• You will develop sales support materials (i.e. presentations, business cases etc.) that articulate the compelling nature of D&S (qualitatively and quantitatively) to address client challenges.
• You will build relationships and network with internal and external stakeholders, influencers, sponsors and decision-makers to enable relevant support is aligned with core business objectives.
• You will manage the sales cycle and related processes from client needs identification through contractual development and execution including writing well-structured and persuasive proposals.
• You will support go to market strategy and execution of new models, bundles and solutions.
• You will coordinate across D&S to ensure legal, privacy, financial, product, technology and data usage due diligence.
• Self-directed and motivated: aptitude in leveraging ambiguity to drive results; being a self-starter and proven ability to excel in a fluid environment.
• Ability to accept ambiguity and work in a fast paced, innovative environment.
• Strong Analytics and consulting skillset: proficiency in structuring content into compelling narratives (PowerPoint, Excel).
• Driven to excel in a target focused sales environment. Strong stakeholder management skills and ability to work across business units.
• Written and Verbal communication: ability to articulate value proposition, engender alignment and convey excitement to internal and external stakeholders.
• MBA or relevant post graduate degree recommended
• Consulting experience from a top-rated consulting firm recommended
• Advanced Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Experience in payments and / or retail banking
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal and client skills
• Strong sales skills including ability to fully gauge client needs and identify the combination of current off-the-shelf products and custom offerings to meet those needs
• Proactive; curious to learn; eager to crack complex topics; with a demonstrated track record of success
• Experience working cross functionally with other sales teams, product management, development services, operations
This role will be based in Purchase.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-169866