MasterCard Senior Counsel, Enterprise Partnerships in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Counsel, Enterprise Partnerships
Mastercard is seeking an experienced attorney to provide comprehensive legal support to the Enterprise Partnerships (EP) team, a global team tasked with unlocking value in key industries by creating partnerships in new business lines while leveraging Mastercard’s network, technology, and solutions. The Senior Counsel will serve as an integrated partner with the business team to drive corporate and team strategy, develop new business lines and models, drive step-function changes in our merchant and acceptance businesses, evolve global partnerships with both traditional and new customers, and leverage our core economic levers of pricing and interchange.
• Serve as a day to day tactical and strategic advisor for EP clients as this fast-paced, innovative team explores opportunities in key verticals, including, business to business payments and global trade, travel & entertainment, and Smart Cities/urban mobility.
• Provide end to end responsive, creative, and commercially-minded advice and solutions.
• Research and analyze new market opportunities and identified business development targets; assist in coordination of diligence efforts, where applicable, and summarize key findings.
• Structure, draft and negotiate various complex legal agreements (including framework agreements, technology agreements, and customer and vendor agreements) to drive global merchant acceptance and embark on new collaborations with leading technology companies, innovative startups, e-commerce merchants, cities and government agencies, and/or global financial institutions.
• Coordinate with internal subject matter experts and outside legal experts as needed, to ensure comprehensive and cohesive approach to relevant intellectual property, regulatory, compliance, privacy and local law considerations.
• Monitor and evaluate relevant industry trends in technology and payments, including applicable laws and government regulations affecting the operation and activities of digital payments and block chain, cloud services, AML/compliance, data protection/privacy, intellectual property, etc.
• Assist in creation of and maintenance of training materials to advance business objectives and process improvement materials, including agreement pipeline, M&A screening, agreement requests.
All About You:
• Law degree from an established and reputable law school; licensed to practice in one or more states, including New York.
• Significant relevant experience in complex transactional matters, including strong background in M&A, intellectual property, data protection and/or other technology related legal matters in a reputable law firm and/or as in-house lawyer, preferably in the technology sectors.
• Strong entrepreneurial spirit and approach, able to embrace calculated risk and solve for ambiguity.
• Must have a strategic mindset and be able to effectively discuss with and advise senior management regarding complex legal matters and challenging situations.
• Must be thorough and detail-oriented, able to prioritize, and juggle multiple projects and demands.
• Is a team player who is both organizationally savvy and a strong communicator able to collaborate cross-functionally and across regions.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-143066