MasterCard Senior Counsel, Digital Identity, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Counsel, Digital Identity, Cyber & Intelligence Solutions
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business, connecting cardholders, customers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide. Mastercard’s Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (“C&I”) team is part of Mastercard’s global product and services group, and provides strategic and cutting edge safety, security, identity, authentication and fraud solutions to Mastercard’s customers and cardholders across the globe.
This role will support and address the Mastercard Digital Identity service, within the C&I Identity Solutions team. The Digital Identity service is intended to enable consumers to establish, maintain and use their digital identity data for digital initiative interactions with low friction, high security, and privacy/consent controls. The candidate will support the overall technology partner strategies, product framework, and implementation of the Digital Identity service globally.
• Provide solutions-oriented business counsel to the Digital Identity product and development teams globally.
• Provide support to the C&I regional and sales team globally to support product sales initiatives.
• Provide high quality advice to the business on a broad range of commercial, transactional and contractual matters.
• Structure, draft and negotiate complex technology services, SaaS, license, partnership and reseller and other agreements.
• Manage contractual negotiations with suppliers, partners, vendors, merchants, financial institutions, and other Mastercard customers relating to Digital Identity and other identity and authentication solutions.
• Counsel and advise internal clients on local laws, government regulations and directives affecting identity and authentication issues.
• Act as product counsel and become an integral part of the business/product development team for Digital Identity and other C&I solutions and services, advising clients from the creation through development to the launch stage of the solution.
• Identify and advise on intellectual property, regulatory and data privacy product risks, with support of Mastercard’s subject matter experts and counsel.
• Provide legal and business risk assessment and analysis on matters from new product constructs to commercial agreements.
• Take responsibility for special projects while continuing to handle a steady stream of day-to-day matters.
• Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures.
• Manage external counsel within agreed policy and budget
• Develop strong relationships with product development, business, sales, and senior management within the company.
• Work with business in bringing to market and scaling Digital Identity and other solutions.
All About You
• Qualified lawyer with a solid academic and training background.
• Extensive legal and transactional experience, preferably including in-house experience.
• Experience in technology, security, payments and/or identity solutions is a distinct advantage.
• Strong business acumen, and a keen interest in technology and identity solutions.
• Strong drafting and negotiating skills across a range of complex commercial contracts and the ability to analyze and identify core legal issues.
• Fast learner who can gain rapid familiarity with complex and evolving products and solutions.
• Exposure to a broad range of transactional, commercial and technology law issues.
• Strong knowledge of data privacy and intellectual property issues.
• Team player and great attitude.
• Self-starter and ability to work independently.
• Experience working on global agreements, across multiple jurisdictions and time zones.
• Solutions-orientated and able to work flexibly, under pressure, and with tight deadlines.
• Lively interest in the business of Mastercard and an enjoyment of working in a fast-paced environment.
• Position requires up to 30% domestic and international travel.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-89265