MasterCard Senior Counsel, Consumer Products – Inclusion & Sustainability in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Counsel, Consumer Products – Inclusion & Sustainability
Mastercard is seeking an attorney to be responsible for providing comprehensive, end-to-end, strategic legal counsel and support to the Global Consumer Products team focused on creating inclusive and sustainable digital products and providing cutting edge products and services to Mastercard’s customers and cardholders.
This full-time role is based in Purchase, NY and will provide end to end support for the Global Consumer Products team's development of new products and programs focused on financial inclusion and sustainability. The selected candidate will:
• Provide legal oversight during ideation, prototype, pilot and commercialization of Mastercard’s financial inclusion and sustainability products and services
• Support the Global product team (mainly based in North America) in negotiating commercial transactions to pilot and commercialize prepaid, financial inclusion and sustainability programs and other solutions focused on advancing financial inclusion
• Draft and negotiate a wide range of contracts (including complex product and technology agreements, partnership and pilot agreements, memoranda of understanding, licenses, and terms of enrollment) to drive sustained scalable distribution, adoption and acceptance of our products & services
• Identify, manage and mitigate legal and commercial risks within new product consumer experiences and transaction flows
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders and specialists (Data Privacy & Strategy, Regulatory, Franchise, Finance, Marketing & Communications, IP, Compliance, Anti-Trust), and external counsel to ensure compliance with applicable Mastercard Standards, local laws and regulations
• Review and revise sales materials, program terms & conditions and marketing materials as technical solutions evolve
• Assist with the creation of training materials, product guides, franchise standards and development activities to advance the business objectives in accordance with company policies
• Work closely with executive and senior management teams to help define and deliver strategic objectives and priorities
The role reports directly to the Senior Managing Counsel, Consumer Products, and will dual report to the Assistant General Counsel, Marketing & Strategic Growth.
All About You
• Must be licensed to practice in New York, or be willing to register in New York as in-house counsel
• Experience working on complex legal transactions at a reputable law firm, or as an in-house counsel for a multinational company, preferably in the financial services, banking or technology sector.
• Strong drafting and negotiation skills with the ability to manage complex issues as well as support multi-stakeholder, forward-thinking product development build, launch and run stage requirements, factoring in legal, market and customer requirements and expectations.
• Must be interested in significant contact with business clients on a daily basis with respect to transactional issues as well as other strategic issues
• Should exercise good commercial judgment, be solutions-oriented and have a creative approach to problem-solving, with a positive, "can do" attitude
• Should be a team player who is both organizationally savvy and a strong communicator
• willing to take on responsibilities and roles that support the team
• Experience working on global agreements and ability to work across multiple jurisdictions and time zones, is preferred
• Interest in and familiarity with issues of ESG, sustainability and financial inclusion, while not required, is considered a plus. Many of the solutions supported are intended to further Mastercard's social impact objectives and will involve issues of first impression
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-147363