MasterCard Senior Business Assistant in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Business Assistant
P&E Finance is responsible for strategy integration and investment analysis as well as a number of operational business units, including advanced analytics, enterprise transformation, product profitability, product management excellence and the GP&S project management office. The team mission is to ensure that P&E Finance is connected across all businesses in our pursuit to identify and drive growth in market share, instill product management excellence and increase our ability to execute with excellence and speed.
The Senior Business Assistant will support the CFO, Product & Engineering and provide support to his directs.
Perform general administrative duties to support day-to-day department operations in such areas as telephone coverage, scheduling of meetings, travel arrangements, expense reporting, calendar management, taking and distributing meeting minutes, copying, screening mail, ordering supplies, and maintaining department records.
• Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports, presentations or other assigned documentation in specified software package(s)
• Schedule meetings, arrange conferences and ensure all meeting support is appropriately coordinated
• Make travel arrangements for domestic and international travel
• Administer programs, projects or processes specific to the operating unit served, and maintain spreadsheets or databases to monitor departmental information
• Prepare purchase requisitions and purchase orders in Oracle
• May research special topics as assigned
• Serve as administrative liaison with others within and outside the company
• Develop and produce reports, as assigned
• Planning and coordination of events, including attendance lists, registration websites and registration response follow up; seating assignments, name badges
• Updating and maintaining department intranet pages
• Support consolidation of monthly highlights
• Support consolidation of quarterly earning business highlights
All About You:
• High School education. College degree a plus
• Administrative experience in a corporate environment interfacing with senior and executive level management and customers
• Highly Organized
• Ability to solve problems creatively
• Excellent relationship management skills with the ability to influence and persuade, to work collaboratively across functions, and to interact effectively with customers
• Keen sense of urgency with a results-driven orientation
• Ability to prioritize and discern what is truly important
• Solid understanding of Mastercard’s operational and organizational infrastructure is advantageous
• Proficiency in MS office products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word); Outlook; Oracle required
• Accuracy and attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
• Ability to function well in a busy and varied environment and work well under pressure
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175175