MasterCard Senior Analyst, Capital Planning & Analytics in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Analyst, Capital Planning & Analytics
We are currently hiring for a Senior Analyst to support the Capital Planning and Analytics functions, but expect the candidate to grow and move within the greater finance organization. The role provides an excellent platform for career development. The successful candidate will be exposed to a wide range of Treasury opportunities: in addition to capital planning and analytics, the candidate will assist with analysis and execution of special projects in investments and operations, foreign exchange, pensions, and ad-hoc special projects. Over time the candidate would have subsequent opportunities to gain exposure to other areas within Mastercard Finance.
• Do highly analytical corporate finance projects excite you?
• Have you ever been a key contributor in complex cross-functional projects?
• Are you motivated by achieving operational process improvements?
The Corporate Treasury Senior Analyst responsibilities include:
o Perform analysis and prepare recommendations for the Board of Directors on capital structure strategy, shareholder return efforts (i.e., dividends and share repurchases), capital allocation decisions and valuation
o Execute capital market transactions, such as bond offerings and share repurchases
o Provide support for the company’s $4.5 billion credit facility, including extensions/renewals
o Provide support for managing relationships with credit rating agencies
o Provide support for managing bank relationships
o Support M&A process, including funding strategy, due diligence and integration
o Prepare financial reporting and public disclosures (e.g. SEC reports and disclosures)
o Provide analytical financial support across various treasury functions/special projects: pensions, foreign exchange and investments as needed
o Implement strategies to optimize liquidity position and reduce financial risk
Customer Risk Analytics
o Update risk policies and procedures to minimize customer credit exposure ($47 billion) and drive the customer risk management infrastructure at Mastercard
o Provide data analysis and strategy execution for customer risk management across regions
o Perform analysis and prepare materials for Audit Committee meetings
o Support cross-functional initiatives to deliver on risk management goals, policies and procedures
o Support credit risk monitoring processes, including identifying and implementing best practices and ensuring all processes are documented, reviewed and updated regularly
o Support customer exposure management infrastructure by enhancing and maintaining existing systems; collaborate with in-house technology group and outside vendors
All About You:
• Mastery of corporate finance and capital markets concepts (e.g., present value analysis)
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Must be highly proficient in MS Excel and have demonstrated ability to learn new operations and reporting systems
• Results oriented, with ability to prioritize work, manage projects in addition to monthly/quarterly workload, and meet project deliverable timelines
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with emphasis on building strong, longer-term relationships worldwide across varying geographies and functions, including with external parties
• Self-motivated and inquisitive, able to manage sensitive information, and to communicate and make decisions under pressure
• Have worked as part of a team but able to solve issues independently (self-starter mentality)
• Leadership potential, including getting work done in a teamwork environment, being organizationally savvy, thought leadership and influencing skills
• Finance, accounting, economics or business administration degree preferred. MBA or CFA a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-78348