MasterCard Manager, Treasury Solutions in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Treasury Solutions
The Treasury Solutions team is Mastercard's resident expert on foreign exchange and its role in the global financial system, the Mastercard network, and cross-currency/cross-border payments. The team is Mastercard’s foreign exchange “think tank” and acts in a consultative capacity to support various business initiatives across products and functions.
The Manager, Treasury Solutions, will work closely with Corporate Treasury, Global Product and Innovation and the regional business teams, providing subject matter expertise on foreign exchange and other pertinent treasury considerations. S/he will work with cross-functional teams in enhancing existing and developing new products in the cross-border payment space, as well as with other foreign exchange matters (e.g., supporting a regional sales team in explaining the value of Mastercard’s foreign exchange offerings to customers).
• Act as a subject matter expert in foreign exchange and provide related consultative services to product development and regional business teams
Address customer needs in the foreign exchange and space
• Improve processes related to authorization, clearing and settlement of cross-currency transactions
• Develop and implement risk management strategies related to foreign exchange exposure, both arising from individual products as well as overall corporate exposures
• Assist in ideation of new FX products and solutions
The role provides an excellent opportunity for future growth at Mastercard, both in the Finance function as well as product development and regional business functions. The role presents a great leadership development opportunity and is especially suitable for people interested in growing into a broader business leadership role.
ALL ABOUT YOU:
The ideal candidate will be someone with a strong knowledge and/or interest in financial markets and foreign exchange, while also being interested in a broader functional role that includes product development and strategy. We are looking for individuals who are very strong analytically, who have a solid foundation in corporate finance and/or foreign exchange, and who are out-of-the box, creative thinkers. The successful candidate is someone who is excited to stretch themselves and is comfortable analyzing projects from both a business and a finance perspective.
Specific requirements include:
• Strong analytical skills
Familiarity with foreign exchange markets and ability to use Bloomberg and Reuters to perform detailed analysis of FX rates
• Ability to think creatively and out-of-the box; ability to challenge the status quo; demonstrated ability to innovate
• Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to work and communicate cross-functionally
• Understanding of programming (coding) and/or a technology background is a plus
• Excellent leadership qualities, including getting work done through others, being organizationally savvy, thought leadership
• Undergraduate degree in finance, economics, computer science, or similar analytical field; MBA or CFA preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-75972