MasterCard Manager, Tax Accounting and Reporting in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Tax Accounting and Reporting
• The Manager, Tax Accounting and Reporting will be primarily responsible for assisting with the initial assessment of newly issued accounting pronouncements and guidance, the technical accounting analysis of mergers and acquisitions.
• This candidate will also have significant involvement in the preparation of the interim and annual tax provision and footnote disclosures included in the interim and annual SEC reporting (Forms 10Q and 10K), including verifying accuracy and compliance with applicable ASC and SEC disclosure requirements.
• This role will also include assistance, as needed, with the preparation and/or review of tax adjustments reported in the consolidated federal tax return and other federal tax filings.
• Familiarity with tax provision and return preparation software, preferably Corptax, desired.
• The Manager, Tax Accounting and Reporting will also assist in the development of the overall tax strategy and tax department policies.
• Ability to perform research on various tax accounting and tax technical issues using online tax research services and conveying results in a clear concise manner. Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of professionals in Tax and across other finance functions are a must.
• Assist with review/preparation of ASC 740 corporate income tax provision and related footnote disclosures to be included in the annual and interim public filings as required.
• Assist with managing and coordinating the global tax provision including reviewing regional tax submissions.
• Serves as a key contact for tax accounting function along with the Director, Tax Compliance and Reporting for colleagues outside of tax (controllers, treasury, Global Business Service Center (“GBSC”), benefits accounting, etc.).
• Prepare and communicate in a concise and accurate manner tax technical topics and issues as well as incorporating into documents, presentations, and communications (memos, fact sheets, etc.) which direct the reader to salient points for a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
• Remain aware of Mastercard business issues to determine the proper treatment for accurate tax accounting and reporting.
• Assist, as needed, in assuring that the federal returns comply with the requirements of appropriate federal law, as well as the high documentation standards established and are timely filed.
• Ensure processes align with a strong internal control environment and Sarbanes-Oxley documentation.
• Contributes to the strategy development of tax accounting and reporting providing recommendations and assistance to reduce Mastercard's current tax liability and effective tax rate.
• Suggest and implements tax efficient solutions for effectuating transactions
• Builds organizational capability within the assigned area of responsibility
• Maintains current knowledge of tax technical issues and trends, including the assessment of the impact, as well as communicating the impact of such technical issues and trends to senior management.
• Fosters a strong internal control environment and oversee integration and maintenance of those financial reporting and operational controls into daily processes.
• Develop and mentor more junior staff members.
All About You
• BA Accounting required; CPA preferred; MST, MBA helpful
• Advanced corporate tax experience with an emphasis in tax compliance and reporting
• Large corporate experience and/or Big 4 accounting background preferred
• Ability to identify issues/opportunities and to frame business questions
• Ability to effectively perform research
• Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
• Experience with mergers and acquisitions/ integrations and the tax accounting and reporting issues associated with M&A
• Proficient in the use of tax provision software; familiarity with CorpTax is a plus, but not required
• Working knowledge of Hyperion and/or Oracle Financial Systems is a plus
• Demonstrated project management experience
• Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
• Strong business acumen and professionalism with the ability to interact effectively with colleagues in all functional areas of the Company
• Ability to work in a high-performing team environment
• Ability to work independently and in groups to complete time-sensitive projects with internal and external deadlines
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-83562