MasterCard Manager - Supplier Diversity in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager - Supplier Diversity
Supplier Diversity Manager
Sourcing & Supplier Management creates and maximizes shareholder value by effectively managing the MasterCard supply base globally, focusing on reducing cost & risk while improving value & supplier performance. This role is responsible for coordinating the establishment, implementation, and continuous evolution of Mastercard’s Supplier Diversity program, enabling Global Sourcing to optimize diversity in its supply base and to improve supply chain performance, transparency and accountability.
Have you supported the development of a Supplier Diversity strategy and program implementation?
Have you worked with Supplier Development organizations (NMSDC, etc.)?
Are you able to analyze complex problems and drive to resolution?
Are you comfortable to challenge the status quo and drive change?
• Mature the Mastercard supplier diversity program, which is inclusive of initiatives such as, In Solidarity and others
• Build an understanding of diversity capabilities in our supply base, monitor performance, and measure impact and improvement, in partnership with the sourcing teams as well as the corporate Diversity & Inclusion and Sustainability teams
• Work closely with category sourcing leads and business leaders to embed Mastercard’s supplier diversity strategy and ensure appropriate buying decisions are made with consideration of this strategy across all spend categories
• Align supplier diversity strategies with category strategies and set specific targets to increase diverse spend and diverse supplier count across all business units
• Develop a pipeline of responsible (diverse, environmentally sustainable, etc.) suppliers that can be brought through the RFP process in the next 6-12 months; formalize the process of connecting this pipeline to procurement teams and building up a stainable diverse supplier base through Matchmaking, Pitch Sessions, etc.
• Champion Mastercard’s external participation with diversity advocacy groups, e.g. WBENC, NMSDC and its regional affiliates, NGLCC, Disbaility:IN, MSDUK, WEConnect International, NAVOBA, and others
• Expand coverage/reach to areas underrepresented (Black, Hispanic, LGBT, Veterans, Disabled, etc.).
• Lead supplier engagement to educate supply chain partners about Mastercard’s diverse supplier sourcing priorities and how they can partner with minority owned companies
• Coach and mentor suppliers and business owners to explore future opportunities to enhance Mastercard’s supplier diversity program
• Develop and implement tools to manage the supplier diversity program for Mastercard’s supply base
• Build transparent reporting that can be leveraged real-time (i.e. monthly) in the process. Use analysis to drive business unit & management action
• Coordinate quarterly spend reporting with Viva USA and increase Tier 2 spend capture beyond the Top 100
• Represent the Mastercard supplier Diversity program in panels, meetings, events, and other forums
• Develop supplier communications and trainings for Mastercard’s divers supply base
All about you:
• Highly collaborative: Ability to work with people at all levels in the Mastercard and Supplier organizations; keeps management informed to avoid unnecessary surprises
• High integrity: Won’t compromise Mastercard values to get results
• Strategic: Both vertical and horizontal mindset to integrate analysis across multiple business units
• Focused on results: Perseverant and resilient in the pursuit of objectives, willing to take on new challenges
• Inclusive: Treats all people with respect and fairness, open to and respectful of others’ opinions and points of view
• Innovative: Takes initiative to find ways to get better results, seeks and takes advantage of ideas, best practices and solutions developed elsewhere
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-122612