MasterCard Manager, Product Management - Digital Innovations and Operations, Global Acceptance Solutions in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management - Digital Innovations and Operations, Global Acceptance Solutions
Together with regional Merchant and Acceptance teams and cross-functional partners around the globe,
Global Acceptance Solutions works to expand merchant acceptance and help merchants and acquirers
grow their businesses through Acceptance solutions and programs. At its essence, building acceptance is
about growing the use of the Mastercard brand. By driving the secular shift from cash to electronic payments, the Mastercard brand provides the promise of giving Merchants and consumers the best payment experience – one they can trust to be fast, convenient, and secure. As payments extend across channels and devices and the lines between physical and digital converge, the Acceptance team ensures Mastercard acceptance methods remain relevant by creating innovative solutions and partnering with tech companies that do the same.
The Manager of Digital Innovations and Operations, Digital Acceptance Solutions will be responsible for ensuring the Merchant experience is considered as part of every commerce transaction. While traditional forms of payment remain relevant, new sleek ways to pay, such as via biometric, in-store remote, and Click to Pay are fast becoming new options for how to pay. This role will ensure that Merchant/Acquirer requirements are considered and updated, including the components of the transaction, as well as terminal requirements that may prove stale due to contactless penetration. Further, in partnership with the Digital Credential Management team, this role will be responsible for completing the work around the categorization of Merchant Initiated and Cardholder Initiated Transactions, along with the respective indicators, liability position, chargeback edits, and monitoring for proper reporting. As part of this role, the Manager will partner with regional Acceptance teams to consider holistic implications of requirements on Merchants, including the intersection of standards/polices, compliance programs, and pricing, keeping consistency top of mind. Furthermore, with the growth of Marketplaces, this role will work to find unique ways to partner with Marketplaces to foster the sharing of information that will prove beneficial for the consumer and stakeholders in the ecosystem. This position will play a critical role in driving the differentiation Mastercard brings to digital Merchants, resulting in better relationships and Mastercard preference. To be successful in the role, the Manager must work cross-functionally with all departments in Products and Engineering, as well as with Digital Partnerships, Legal, Franchise, Data Privacy and Strategy, C&I, and across the Regions.
This role requires strong strategic thinking, a solid payments business orientation, proven cross-departmental project management and organizational skills, an innovative mindset, and strong leadership capabilities.
• Ensure Merchant and Acquirer requirements around new, innovative way of paying are reflective of components of the transaction
• Finalize the work around the categorization of Merchant Initiated and Cardholder Initiated Transactions, along with the respective indicators, liability position, chargeback edits, and monitoring for proper reporting
• Partner with regional Acceptance teams to consider holistic implications of requirements on Merchants, including the intersection of standards/polices, compliance programs, and pricing, keeping consistency top of mind
• Find unique ways to build deeper partnerships and ease of relationships with Merchants and Acquirers, including partnering with Marketplaces to foster the sharing of information that will prove beneficial for the consumer and stakeholders in the ecosystem
• Partner with Digital Payment Solutions to ensure new digital products (e.g., SQR) consider Franchise standards/requirements, implementation guides, etc.
• Actively engage in strategic projects, as appropriate, representing the voice of the Global Acceptance team
• Partner with colleagues within the Global Acceptance Solutions team, providing assistance in developing standards for both physical and digital acceptance solutions such as Tap On Phone, Click to Pay, and Secure Card on File
• Consider long-term strategic initiatives, including developing a roadmap around tokenization requirements and the removal of manual PAN entry
All About You
• Acquiring and/or Merchant payments experience desired
• Good understanding of the digital environment, key trends and Mastercard’s digital strategy and digital solutions
• Ability to think strategically, having an entrepreneurial approach and vision
• Proactive self-starter seeking initiatives to advance Mastercard’s digital solutions. Prior experience developing solutions to business issues with little or no precedent
• Ability to lead effectively with internal and external business partners
• Outstanding communication skills from a written, verbal and presentation perspective with ability to simplify complex concepts, communicate across audience levels, and develop compelling narratives
• Extensive analytical skills needed to resolve complex, cross-functional challenges
• Proven experience leveraging cross-functional teams to achieve the best outcome for Mastercard, while considering regional and multiple market impacts
• Product management experience with a passion for process optimization
• Excellent project management skills – proven ability to launch and manage large, cross-functional initiatives and influence key stakeholders
• Critical thinker with ability to anticipate and identify downstream impacts/obstacles and promptly remedy or problem solve
• Results oriented, working with a sense of urgency; ability to execute and deliver timely and accurately
• Embraces diversity, understanding the value differing backgrounds and perspectives bring to problem solving and creativity
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-136430