MasterCard Manager, Product Management - B2B Partnerships, New Payments in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Management - B2B Partnerships, New Payments
This role supports the NPF Partnership team to Identify external entities that will help drive additional business payment volumes for Mastercard. In addition this role will support B2B partner relationships that will add New Issuers or Corporate customers, grow existing business with Issuers or Corporates and/or make it easier for Corporates to use and Suppliers to accept payments. The Manager consults with Fintechs, US customer account managers and their respective bank customers, and internal product partners to assess and identify business needs to drive the partnership strategy/recommendations.
• Acts as a business owner and manages long-term and short-term strategic initiatives for Partners
• Roles in this family oversee Partner evolution, establish go-to-market strategy, optimize products and resources for Partner success, implement incremental improvements , conduct ongoing care and maintenance, and manage P&L
• Helps develop strategic business plans for Partner including rigorous analysis of revenue opportunities and related costs
• Works closely with global teams, regional leadership and sales colleagues to understand Mastercard, issuer, acquirer, merchant, and B2B needs and issues
• Monitors Partner performance metrics at all stages and makes recommendations regarding solutions to challenges in the portfolio or product strategy
• Analyzes market trends, dynamics, and competition in order to inform Partner and go-to-market strategies
• Provides support to sales and customer facing teams with communication and training on product functionality and enhancements
• Engages in idea generation for enhancements to existing products, concept validation, business case development, and in some instances financial modeling and planning of these enhancements
• Develops new processes, and planning & reporting tools to support development of Partner relationships
All About You
• Experience driving meaningful partnerships that contribute to company success
- Experience contributing data-driven product adjustment recommendations that were accepted for implementation by senior leaders
• Extensive experience working on Partner launches in multiple markets
• Experience independently developing and managing budgets for multiple Mastercard partner-related projects
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-136702