MasterCard Manager, Product Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development
New Payment Flows is a new team established in North America (NAM) to develop breakthrough business opportunities/revenue flow and bring them to market. Our focus is business payments – an area which is ripe for disruption and innovation, valued at $25 trillion in NAM alone and the ideal opportunity to capitalize on both our Vocalink acquisition and the US shift to real-time payments. Because our mandate is so unique and innovative, our team scope is broad and includes product strategy, product development, product go-to-market planning/execution, customer needs identification, and product sales.
The Manager, Product Development will support development of the product strategy, product roadmap, go-to market, and functional and technical requirements definition for pilot programs and MVP builds for a new Small Business multi-rail payments solution, and potentially other business payment applications in the future. In addition, this role will support defining and delivering on technology integrations with small business service providers / enablement partners, including acquiring new partners, executing partnership framework, and managing day-to-day coordination activities for pilot programs.
As part of a team whose remit is to help pave the way for the future of the Mastercard multi-rail payments strategy and Real-Time Payments business, this role requires an individual who is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives on breaking entirely new ground. They should be an excellent communicator and collaborator, have strong project management and technical literacy skills, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to both plan for execution, and then execute the plans.
• Coordinate business and technical requirements definition and integration for pilot solution, including working with external technology partner constituents and internal cross-functional stakeholders
• Research, develop and manage pipeline for technology enablement and other partners as required to deliver pilots and commercial solution
• Project manage all aspects of technical pilot delivery, including build approach definition, technical development, partner/customer integration, KPI identification and tracking, and leadership reporting
• Support commercial product design and solutioning sessions with internal/external stakeholders
• Support feature requirements definition for MVP and beyond, driving plan execution to scale from pilot to commercialization
All About You
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team and/or cross-functional environment
• Flexible and adaptable to frequently changing course inherent in the innovation process
• Strong technical background in business technology applications like small business payments/ERPs/ financial management softwares, with working knowledge of business payments
• Experience working closely with Operations & Technology/Engineering counterparts preferred, with effectiveness in translating/liaising between the business and technical requirements
• Analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis, and provide recommendations effectively
• Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, analytical, and project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127331