MasterCard Manager, Product Development in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development
• The Cyber & Intelligence Solutions (C&I) team delivers technology, products, and services that facilitate seamless, fast, and secure payments across the network and the internet of things. These solutions leverage the latest technology, a vast array of data resources, and artificial intelligence to provide services that benefit the entire payments ecosystem. Within C&I, the Transaction Resilience & Enrichment (TRE) team delivers solutions for authorization decisioning and transaction enrichment that increases approvals, drives customer profitability and efficiency, and ensures the continuity of payments.
• The Manager, Product Development, will focus on advancing the broader resiliency strategy by executing on the build, commercialization, and management of a new service, foundational to all payment resiliency decisioning, that enables precise on-behalf authorization. This role requires a highly collaborative individual who will partner across multiple functional areas (Product, Engineering, Operations, Regions, Finance) and geographies in support of global product ownership.
• Own the day-to-day management of products through on-going communication, relationship development, and teamwork – focusing on collaboration and priorities.
• Product development and management of a new service that improves on-behalf authorization accuracy, and other platform initiatives
• Work closely with cross functional team to lead product development efforts
• Establish pricing, training, sales materials and create internal and external communications
• Provide direction on inquiries from regions, account teams, customer support, billing
• Establish, manage, and prioritize backlog of enhancements to align with long-term roadmap
• Identify and monitor project roadblocks and risks, ensuring all concerns are addressed and resolved in a timely manner.
• Measure progress and performance to include dashboard reporting and metrics.
• Provide input into new products, processes, standards or plans in support of the business.
• Effectively deal with difficult situations. Help develop solutions to complex problems.
• All About You
• Broad knowledge of Mastercard and the payments industry preferred.
• Established business technical expertise in the development of integrated product solutions spanning multiple product categories
• Experience translating and applying customer feedback (internal, external) to lead product strategies
• Significant experience in large-scale, cross functional initiatives.
• Self-motivated with a track record of delivering results; comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities and deadlines.
• Ability to interact effectively at all levels and influence internal business partners.
• Strong leadership, interpersonal, relationship-building, and negotiation skills required.
• Excellent communication (written, oral and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175651