MasterCard Manager, Product Development (New Payment Flows) in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development (New Payment Flows)
New Payment Flows is a new team established in North America (NAM) to develop breakthrough business opportunities and bring them to market. Our focus is commercial payments – an area which is ripe for disruption, valued at $25 trillion in NAM alone. It represents an ideal opportunity to capitalize on both our recent acquisitions and the ongoing US and Canadian shift to real-time payments. Because of our unique mandate, our team’s scope is broad and includes product strategy, product development, product go-to-market planning/execution, customer needs identification, and product sales.
The New Payments Flows team is looking for a Manager of Product Development & Partnerships who will support development of the product strategy, product roadmap, go-to market, and functional and technical requirements definition for pilot programs and MVP builds for commercial payments applications. In addition, this role will also support ERP partnerships including acquiring new partners, executing partnership framework, managing day to day coordination activities for pilot programs and potential co-development.
The individual will also help with future product enhancements for our new commercial solutions, improving overall operational efficiency and payment execution for B2B payments. This role requires an individual who is comfortable with ambiguity and thrives on breaking entirely new ground. They should be an excellent communicator and collaborator, have strong project management skills, and be willing to roll up their sleeves to both plan for execution, and then execute the plans.
• Lead the b2b product research including competitive analysis, technology assessment and inform development of business and technical requirements and external/internal integrations for our pilot program, including working with external technology partners and internal cross-functional stakeholders
• Steer the ERP partnership program including partner identification, outreach, acquisition and day to day coordination activities
• Support our B2B pilot program, including build approach, technical development, ERP integration, KPI identification, tracking and leadership reporting
• Research, develop and manage pipeline for pilot participants including but not limited to ERP partners and other stakeholders
• Support commercial product design and solutioning sessions with internal/external stakeholder teams
All About You:
• Self-motivated with a proven track record of delivering success while operating in a team and/or cross-functional environment
• Strong technical background in business technology applications (ERPs) and working knowledge of business payments
• Comfortable with ambiguity and a strong desire to always be learning
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis, and provide recommendations effectively
• Excellent oral and written communication, negotiation, analytical, and project management skills
• Bachelor’s degree required, Advanced degree preferred
• Will be based primarily in Purchase with frequent opportunity to work virtually or from Manhattan
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-104088