MasterCard Manager, Prepaid Product Development & Innovation in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager, Prepaid Product Development & Innovation
The Global Prepaid Product Development & Innovation team drives the Company’s new product development for prepaid solutions. The team manages multiple platforms, which enable innovative use cases that push the boundaries of the prepaid industry for both traditional and non-traditional clients.
The Manager is responsible for leading scrum teams, owning the features and stories that enable our solutions. This role will be product owner in the agile development lifecycle for a spectrum of revenue producing services ranging from a Prepaid enablement platform to cash in/out solutions.
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you an experienced business analyst, solution architect or program manager looking to solve complex issues that drive new and innovative products?
• Is your next job one that will influence the growth and innovation across the prepaid payments industry?
This individual will help shape platform direction by partnering with product management teams and feature teams as they design and develop the technology solutions needed to deliver capabilities to market. This position reports to the Vice President, Prepaid Platform Development
• Support the Prepaid team in the creation and development of innovative new products, services and programs to support value added services
• Lead scrum teams on feature elaboration, story writing, SAFe/Agile methodologies
• Lead requirement definition, coordinate with the Product Development team on prioritizing features.
• Ensure continued alignment of development work with defined product roadmaps and market commitments.
• Evaluate agile productivity metrics and recommend adjustments to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Work closely with a cross-functional team to lead product development efforts, identify synergies, propose the most efficient solutions, and resolve issues in a timely and cost effective manner.
• Generate ideas and drive thought-leaderships for new services and product enhancements.
• Serve as the local product owner for designated platform product components. Consult as a Subject Matter Expert and product knowledge leader, providing day to day support for development teams
All About You
• Demonstrated experience in building enterprise product platforms or equivalent experience in building products (web, mobile & other form factors) relevant to Information and Data Governance, Data Management, Content Life cycle Management, or Card Product issuance
• Experience with SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework) process and the capability to work with and lead multiple scrum teams is a plus
• Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality technology products/services in a high growth environment and matrix organization where priorities shift rapidly
• Knowledge of payments industry with experience in prepaid program management, payment processing, or FinTech a plus
• Exposure or experience using collaboration tools such as:
o Confluence (Documentation)
o Shared Folders (File Sharing)
o JIRA/Rally (Project Management)
• Effective at managing and validating assumptions with key stakeholders in compressed timeframes, without hampering development momentum
• Capable of navigating a complex organization in a relentless pursuit of answers and clarity
• Ability to understand and analyze complex information products, systems and processes and to break concepts down into simple elements to aid organizational understanding and identify common themes
• Ability to work with subject matter experts across business teams and technical architects to build consensus and value-added solutions
• Ability to influence internal and external business partners across multiple regions is essential
• Ability to understand technical system architecture and overarching function along with interdependency elements
• Ability to understand how sprint plays into the bigger picture and anticipate challenges for immediate remediation
• Self-starter with a strong passion for analytical thinking, attention to detail and a proven track record of delivering success while operating within a team environment
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Understanding of payments, prepaid program management and processing, emerging technologies, data processes and product solutions is a plus
• Strong project management skills and demonstrable experience in product conceptualization, design and development, using the Agile/ SAFe methodology
• Experience leading teams a plus
• Bachelor’s degree required. Concentration in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative fields preferred. MBA a plus.
• Substantial prior related experience preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-76398