MasterCard Manager, North America Sponsorships in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, North America Sponsorships
The Sponsorship team at Mastercard manages a portfolio of properties that are used to capitalize on consumer passion to influence behavior and drive profitability for Mastercard and its issuing bank and merchant partners. By associating with and leveraging leading properties, personalities and events, Mastercard offers cardholders access to ‘priceless’ experiences which in turn, builds brand preference, drives acquisition and increases card usage. Working with cross functional teams as well as outside marketing agencies you will be responsible for managing marketing platforms and programs related to Mastercard’s Endurance and DE&I Investments. May also support some of events happening across the culinary vertical as well. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: virtual and onsite event execution and reporting, asset management, budget management, managing relationships with internal stakeholders, and securing legal, marketing, communication and brand approvals.
• Have you ever worked on a marketing effort, managing the approval process for legal, brand, communications and licensed marks?
• Have you ever worked on a marketing campaign to showcase innovation or launch a product?
• Have you ever managed contractual assets to support B2C, B2B, and B2B2C initiatives?
• Are you able to consolidate and communicate information effectively and efficiently?
• Have you worked in sponsorships and/or the endurance industry before?
• Are you comfortable working in a fast paced marketing environment that requires managing multiple projects simultaneously?
• Develop and manage sponsorship marketing plans to support Mastercard’s business and marketing initiatives addressing consumers, issuers, merchants, customer relationship building, and showcases product and innovation
• Oversee the agency’s planning and execution of all on-site and virtual activations and event delivery for all Endurance and DE&I properties. May include some culinary event support as well.
• Manage and build strong relationships cross functionally to maximize sponsorship investments and ensure all business objectives are achieved
• Manage budget, accruals and payment processing for all Endurance and DE&I properties
• Support innovation integration and product showcase activation across managed properties
• Support Issuer and Merchant marketing efforts in partnership with account teams
• Ensure Endurance and DE&I sponsorship activation follows all internal policies, procedures and compliance / audit requirements related to sponsorship and asset management
All About You:
• Prior brand experience in sponsorship marketing, executing against business objectives
• Experience in working across cross-functional teams inclusive of brand, legal, digital, media, communications, compliance, product and philanthropy
• Knowledge and interest of new technology and innovation in the payments landscape
• High attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
• Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and presentation skills
• Ability / presence to interact with C-Suite executives
• Ability to manage budgets and payment processing
• Comfort working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
• Self Starter
• Bachelor’s degree and prior marketing experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-136124