MasterCard Manager, NAM Research & Insights in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, NAM Research & Insights
The North America Markets (NAM) Research & Insights team is looking for a manager to drive our consumer and customer-centric culture forward through leading research studies that push boundaries across marketing/communications, product innovation, and business development. The ideal candidate is passionate about bringing consumer/customer empathy and understanding into business decision-making. They are a highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical/creative storyteller and possess an entrepreneurial mindset. As Mastercard is a leader in the payments industry, this role delves into topics that cover culturally relevant topics, such as: commerce/payment, finance, technology, small business, retail, travel, experiences and purpose.
In this position, you will:
• Leverage existing intelligence – both external: primary, secondary, and culturally relevant trends (including syndicated data tools) and internal: primary research from other teams (global, etc.) - to shape and inform the foundation of research projects and to answer ad-hoc business questions
• Identify emerging consumer behaviors and culturally relevant trends; manage insights repository
• Partner with cross-functional teams – consumer and B2B marketing/comms, product, small business, business development, account management, etc. to identify gaps in knowledge, uncover hypotheses, and formulate research recommendations (i.e., partner selection, appropriate methodologies)
• Manage and execute custom qualitative/quantitative research projects with external partners/vendors, including identifying key consumer and customer unmet needs, wants, desires to provide decision-making and recommendations across business units
• Push the boundaries in research approaches and team efficiencies – provide creative ideas on interesting methodologies, progressive research partners/vendors, innovative data visualization tools, etc.
• Be a storytelling expert, an analytical master of spotting nuances in data analysis, shape creative narratives and outputs, and push findings to “so what” recommendations for the business
• Provide creative ideas on socializing insights and developing thought leadership materials from research, possessing a “marketing of insights” mentality
• Provide team operational support in monthly project tracking, etc.
All About You
• Previous experience in a strategic insights/planning role
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree, Advanced Degree preferred
• Client-side and partner/agency-side experience preferred; experience in payments/financial industry a plus, but not required
• Use empathy and understanding to look at business challenges through the eyes of consumers/customers
• Possess an analytical mindset, with a passion for deconstructing and reframing questions and an ability to distill datasets into clear and meaningful recommendations
• Have consultative abilities to diagnose research needs, influence senior stakeholders, and problem solve
• Continually keep a pro-active eye on the market, trends and competition in culture, our industry, and our partners’ industries
• Be a strong, confident writer and speaker, able to communicate vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Possess strong skills in persuasive and engaging presentation and creative deliverable writing
• Have a high-degree of self-initiative, moving nimbly and re-prioritizing projects based on business need; be deadline-driven and own multiple projects at one time
• Have a fundamental understanding of how to educate and inspire others across various departments and levels of experience
• Be an enthusiastic, resourceful team-player
• Be detail-oriented and possess operational skills to maximize team efficiency (i.e., project management)
• Draft RFP’s, facilitate questionnaire changes/updates, manage shifting project schedules, provide presentation feedback
• Have a solid understanding of business objectives, marketing objectives and KPI’s and how this translates to research approaches
• Have solid quantitative research experience (i.e., cluster analysis, concept testing, ad testing, segmentation, MaxDiff, Conjoint Analysis) and qualitative approaches (i.e., human-design thinking, creative methodologies)
• Experience with detailed analysis and aligning disparate data sources; familiarity with using syndicated data platforms, data analysis and or/data visualization tools (any of the following: Domo, Tableau, crunch.io, YouGov BrandIndex/Profiles, MRI, Simmons, SPSS)
• Advanced excel and PowerPoint/storytelling skills
• Have supported development of thought leadership materials
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150138