MasterCard Manager, NAM C&I Customer Optimization in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, NAM C&I Customer Optimization
Mastercard develops and delivers world-class risk and security products and services for its customers across the globe. As part of the North America Services organization, the Cyber & Intelligence Solutions team is focused on market management and commercialization of security and decision products that drive value and a better experience for issuers, merchants and consumers.
The candidate will serve as Manager within the NAM C&I Customer Optimization team. The candidate will focus on collaborating with internal and external partners to drive better customer results with MC industry-leading security and decisioning C&I products & services. Internally, these partners span the regional and global teams. External customers include all segments – merchants, acquirers, issuers, processors and fintechs. The candidate will be focused on ensuring the customers and segments they work with experience positive change through more performance insights, enabling more effective use of C&I products & services.
• Do you have a passion for security, innovation or digital payments?
• Do you love helping drive a business forward, creatively solving problems and connecting the dots to help deliver new and existing business opportunities?
• Do you get excited by the challenge of working with diverse stakeholders in a constantly changing environment?
• Are you motivated to be a part of fast-paced, innovative organization that is helping customers create a better experience through new and differentiated solutions across the payments ecosystem?
The three primary areas of responsibility include: (1) Customer engagement, (2) Customer product insights and analysis and (3) Support rollout of Customer Optimization focus with NAM C&I.
• Work closely with account teams to assess current usage and performance for customers & segments with existing solutions. Leverage Quarterly Business Reviews and/or separate sessions
• Deliver customer analyses and optimization recommendations, working with sales teams to enage the customer within their appropriate context.
• Develop and maintain ongoing assessment of supplier and competitive landscapes to inform product strategy and consider implications for sales and deployment teams.
Customer Inisghts and Analysis
• Responsible for identifying optimization opportunities for customers and customer segments
• Achieve in-year performance and revenue targets
• Identify market and segment needs and develop best practices for customers
• Provide Voice of Customer feedback to NAM and Global product leaders on findings & engagement-driven insights from individual customers and key segments – pain points, common practices and competitive insights
• Contribute to deep analysis of trends and in-market existing conditions for key products.
• Responsible for building on and expanding use of optimization tools across the North America region.
Support rollout of Customer Optimization focus with NAM C&I
• Leverage existing business plan to support NAM C&I Objectives.
• Develop approach to deliver optimization support across segments to enable greater customer reach and education on optimized use of our capabilities.
• Work with regional product and sales teams on opportunities to optimize and develop best practices for specific customer segments.
All About You
• Experience working with both large and emerging Financial Services, Technology, Service Providers, Processors, and/or digital platform partners
• Demonstrated ability to act with a persistent and relentless sense of urgency
• Ability to forge strong relationships, including both executive and functional levels
• Knowledge and understanding of payments technology, specifically Mastercard core systems, and application of that knowledge to address customer/market needs
• Understanding of payments technology and application of that knowledge to address customer/market needs
• Outstanding collaboration and interpersonal communication skills
• Ability to think strategically about complex issues, driving thoughtful recommendations and action plans
• Self-starter, highly organized, collaboration-minded and results driven
• Ability to multi-task and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
• Overnight travel required (10% - 15%)
• Bachelor’s degree (advanced degree/MBA a plus)
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150943