MasterCard Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions
Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions is an integral part of the team that leads all M&A and investment activity globally. The qualified candidate will be a member of a small and highly visible team partnering with business units to evaluate and execute M&A transactions in support of Mastercard’s global growth strategy. The position is based in Purchase, NY.
The role will have the following main responsibilities:
• Research industry to identify investment and acquisition opportunities across geographies to support Mastercard’s growth strategy
• Collaborate with global business units and regions to assess strategic fit of potential M&A targets
• Provide support for all phases of a robust acquisition process (identification of targets, valuation, due diligence, integration planning, etc.)
• Create business cases and valuation models for acquisitions and equity investments
• Coordinate internal and external resources involved in deal execution
• Assist with creating and populating acquisition deliverables such as presentations to senior executives and Board of Directors, deal closing approvals, etc.
• Support senior M&A professionals in all other aspects of deal execution
All About You
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Prior M&A, Investment Banking, Corporate Development or Transaction Advisory experience required
• Strong analytical skills including financial modeling, accounting and valuation experience required
• Solid understanding of financial concepts such as DCF, NPV, IRR, etc.
• Detail oriented with excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of payments, technology, financial services or related areas a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144357