MasterCard Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions
The Manager, Mergers & Acquisitions will report to the SVP, Corporate Development and is an integral member of the Corporate Development team, which drives all phases sourcing, executing and overseeing strategic acquisitions and investments at Mastercard.
The qualified candidate will be a member of a high-impact team responsible for accelerating and transforming Mastercard’s business. This is a highly-visible position and be responsible for supporting individuals responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing new transactions.
Define Target Investment Profiles
• Advance the strategy-led corporate development approach. Collaborate with MA product / market leads and senior Corp Dev team members systematically explore areas with investment or acquisition needs.
• Deep dive to understand and develop specific capabilities needed, undertake desktop research and select internal / external expert engagement to identify companies with these capabilities and define criteria to prioritize companies. These culminate in the development of TIPS (Target Investment Profiles).
• Become an expert in the development of TIPS and coach product and market groups on the TIP framework.
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly, concisely to senior Mastercard executives
Support M&A Governance: Serve as the governance manager for Corp Dev pipeline, tools and technology.
• Leverage Salesforce.com and other tools (share drives, excel) to provide periodic and custom reporting / analytics on the M&A pipeline (e.g., create monthly / quarterly pipeline reports, responsible to modify them as needed).
• Salesforce Taxonomy discussion, working with Salesforce team on executing the updates
• Lead development of weekly emails and quarterly presentations for Mastercard executives on M&A
• Weekly executive email draft covering deal pipeline and external news scaping
Support Cross-Functional Projects
• Lead or support select cross-functional projects in the M&A group on developing analytic frameworks for opportunity / company selection
• Selectively support M&A deals – develop deal / financial models to value companies, define synergies
• Selectively manage investments in companies, venture / PE funds and accelerators by Mastercard. Support business partners in driving active engagement and value realization with investees
All About You
• Be highly curious, possess strong research skills and have the ability to digest and synthesize complex materials and concepts in a simple manner; leverage research to development investment thesis and actionable business insights
• Strong written & verbal communication skills; Be highly adept in Powerpoint / Excel skills and prior experience in developing board-level materials desired
• Possess strong analytics / modeling capabilities
• Possess strong project management skills
• Prior M&A or Corp development experience, a plus; Prior payments industry experience, a plus
o Firsthand knowledge of Salesforce, custom report building and analytics on deals (pipeline reports, TIPS reporting, etc.)
o Knowledge of M&A related tools / databases (e.g., Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CapIQ, etc.) preferred
• Highly motivated / strong work ethic: Have a proven commitment to respond to and drive time sensitive / mission critical processes operating in a global and matrix-type organization
• Ability to handle confidential information and materials with appropriate discretion
• Sound judgment to act autonomously and identify emerging issues and escalate them as required
• Ability to travel domestically / internationally approximately 15%-20% of the time (once travel resumes)
• Success in strategic management and consulting / payments industry preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree required MBA or postgraduate preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-116898