MasterCard Manager, M&A Accounting & Integration in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, M&A Accounting & Integration
Are you motivated by identifying and championing new ideas and ways of working?
Do you enjoy leading other Finance colleagues to explore new solutions to business problems?
Have you managed large scale process integrations/implementations?
Do you have the ability to assess project health and directly address issues with multiple stakeholders?
The Mastercard Finance Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) team supports the lifecycle of M&A activities, from strategic company/partner evaluation, through due diligence, to the guidance and support of integrations. This role would work with business and finance partners to understand their needs and provide integration program management and assurance, providing best practice solutions and support to active integrations.
This position reports to the Global Finance M&A Program Director and as project manager you will have global exposure to M&A activity in all regions to help drive standardization of these processes within the Finance organization. You will gain exposure to various processes within the Finance department as well as other functions within Mastercard operations such as Strategy, Product, Corporate Financial Systems, HR and Legal.
• Coordinate with Finance team stakeholders to understand the requirements of each transaction, develop a project plan, and monitor progress against milestones across multiple workstreams
• Provide day-to-day management of overall work plan to achieve integration objectives.
• Maintain project management database applications.
• Develop and maintain processes to drive global standardization and adoption of best practices for Finance merger and acquisition activities
• Maintain and disseminate tools, templates and tracking mechanisms to effectively manage the planning, organization and coordination of post-close Finance integration activities
• Assist Finance teams with completion of key M&A tasks as needed
• Provide frequent, independent and objective oversight of integration efforts to ensure problems are identified early and appropriate mitigation, monitoring and impact assessments are put in place.
• Ensure clear and complete information is provided to Finance integration leads, Integration Executives, stakeholders, and other key decision makers.
• Develop a working knowledge of the financial systems and related business processes (at both Mastercard and applicable target companies) to facilitate integration planning and execution
• Identification and application of integration “patterns” to drive efficiency and speed.
• Refine and continuously improve best practices and integration playbook, in partnership with functional integration leaders, including leading post-integration reviews to identify areas of improvement.
All About You:
• Full understanding of finance and accounting process flows and internal control concepts
• Proficient with the activities and best practices associated with M&A transactions and integration, preferred
• Strong program and project management experience
• Ability to lead and facilitate cross-functional teams to achieve project objectives through indirect leadership.
• Self-motivated individual with ability to engage and influence peers and business partners.
• Willingness to assist team members in task completion
• Experience communicating and coordinating with a diverse audience at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to objectively rationalize and bring clarity to high pressured situations.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110474