MasterCard Manager – Legal Compliance – AML, Sanctions and Export Operations, Law and Franchise Integrity (LFI) in Purchase, New York
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager – Legal Compliance – AML, Sanctions and Export Operations, Law and Franchise Integrity (LFI)
At Mastercard, we are committed to protecting our organization from being used to facilitate money laundering or terrorist financing, and to ensure that sanctions and export controls requirements are met. The Global AML, Sanctions and Export Compliance teams have implemented robust compliance programs that are designed to meet regulatory obligations and ensure that internal and external constituents have robust programs in place to meet Mastercard and/or regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the Vice President, AML, Sanctions and Export Controls - Program Governance, the role of Manager – Legal Compliance – AML, Sanctions and Export Controls - Program Governance, Law and Franchise Integrity (LFI) will be to
• Support the Program Governance team’s initiatives including risk assessment, policies & procedures, issues management, records, training, metrics and reporting, audit/exam coordination, change management and oversight of business lines
• Work to elevate stakeholders' understanding of legal and regulatory responsibilities in day to day operations
• Analyze and investigate potential compliance risks to minimize adverse financial impact and legal liability
• Establish tools for measurement and monitoring of compliance controls and reporting capabilities
• Provide training, guidance and support to regional compliance officers and business unit representatives
• Coach and mentor others while serving as a technical expert
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree or JD preferred
• Experience with BSA/AML/Sanctions compliance program
• Knowledge of financial operations, transaction processing and/or payments-related industry experience is preferred
• Experience with BSA/AML audits and/or regulatory exams is preferred
• Sound judgment with ability to build rapport at all levels, and in all business units; proven ability to persuade and drive results
• Proven ability to work independently or as a team player and function effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment while handling multiple projects and consistently meeting deadlines; comfortable in an environment where priorities can change quickly
• Superior attention to detail, problem-solving, organizational and written/verbal communication skills
• CAMS certification strongly preferred
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-88677