MasterCard Manager, Industry Standards in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Industry Standards
The Industry Standards team within Mastercard’s Cyber and Intelligence Solutions provides security standards and solutions to ensure the safety and security of the global Mastercard ecosystem.
These security standards & solutions cover all areas of the payments industry inclusive of cardholder data environments, mobile payment devices, traditional cards and terminals as well as leading in the development and implementation of emerging payment security standards covering new technologies such as tokenization, point-to-point encryption, IoT and connected devices
The Global Vendor Certification Program (GVCP) within the Industry Standards Team manages security standards and engages with stakeholders to ensure they meet these standards and establish risk mitigation plans where necessary. This program applies to vendors that perform traditional magnetic stripe / chip card production and digital activity service providers that operate back office systems to provision digital payment devices.
As the Manager, Industry Standards you will contribute to security standard development, help operate a vendor assurance and risk mitigation program and ensure vendors are operating within the specified program requirements as it relates to security standards that drive the market toward a secure payment environment to protect Mastercard, its reputation and payment system stake holders.
Are you motivated to help MasterCard provide a secure payment environment?
Are you interested in working with card production vendors and digital activity service providers?
Do you enjoy the challenge of a complex and rapidly changing threat environment?
• Perform operational tasks as per vendor certification policy and procedures to ensure vendors’ are assessed annually and when needed escalate conditions where risk mitigation plans are necessary and ensure appropriate risk mitigation plans are established.
• Identify, promote and document operational enhancements that improve efficiency and adjust to a rapidly evolving digital payments landscape.
• Monitor and assess auditor performance to promote consistent and accurate security assessments.
• Assess audit reports and action plans to monitor assurance of vendors within the program and achieve appropriate remediation for risk conditions.
• Interact with or represent Mastercard on industry standards bodies to develop and enhance security standards for card production and other security standards alignment with Mastercard cybersecurity standard development and engagement strategies.
• Assist with invoice generation, support collections activities and achieve revenue objectives.
• Collaborate with internal departments such as finance, hologram, site data protection, card quality management and card structure integrity.
• Collaborate with external standards organizations such as the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Security Standards Council (PCI SSC), IoT Security Foundation (IoTSF), ANSI X9 amongst others focused on emerging cybersecurity areas such as fintech cybersecurity & IoT security.
• Provide insight, assess security concerns, and influence stakeholders both internally and externally.
All About You
• Experience applying, interpreting and/or assessing security standards within the financial services, payments or technology industry.
• Security management and compliance enforcement experience in a card production environment preferred.
• Strong communication skills as evidenced by the development of procedures documentation, presentation skills and well-organized responses to complex queries.
• System analysis and/or software development experience is preferred.
• Knowledge of IoT and connected device security preferred.
• Experience with fintech cybersecurity preferred.
• PCI QSA/ISA, CISSP, CISA, CISM or equivalent certification preferred.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-171684