MasterCard Manager, Global Communications, Data and Services in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Global Communications, Data and Services
The global communication team's mission is to drive business performance and a world-class culture through communication that inspires, engages, educates, and connects Mastercard employees, customers, partners and shareholders. We are customer-centric, data-driven and creative-minded.
The manager of global communications, services, will report to the vice president of global communications and focus on the support of our data and services activities. Data and services is a growing and dynamic area within Mastercard, encompassing the Mastercard Economics Institute, data-driven insights, loyalty, analytics, innovation and experimentation--all hinging on our stringent data responsibility principles. The role will cover the full spectrum of integrated communications activities including traditional and social media engagement, messaging and content creation, employee communications, and issues management. The ideal candidate should have a strong track record of media relations.
This individual will work with a team of high-performing individuals to look holistically at where and how the company shows up. The candidate will connect the dots between the day-to-day data and services offerings, thought leadership and the greater promise of Mastercard’s ability to do well and do good.
• Develop compelling content that will help advance the company’s data and services story among key audiences, including media, customers and prospects, employees, Investors
• Drive engagement and coverage with top-tier media (e.g., business, technology, broadcast, industry) and industry influencers
• Partner with global and regional communications and marketing teams to develop campaigns and tactics based on understanding of local business needs and priorities
• Develop communications strategies and materials – press releases, Q&As, key messages, holding statements, executive presentations and other external-facing content – in support of key Mastercard priorities
• Support employee engagement Initiatives and events
• Identify industry, market and influencer trends to inform data-driven thought leadership
All About You
• Strong track record of generating media coverage in tier-one media outlets
• Excellent writing and storytelling skills, with a proven ability to develop content for different channels
• Ability to navigate the complexities of a large, fast-paced, global organization with speed and sensitivity, both within the Global Communications function and among all other functions and businesses
• Strategic thinker, able to distill complex business problems and solutions into compelling storylines
• Proactive and able to move projects forward, multitask and manage tight deadlines
• Strong project management and organizational skills; detail oriented
• Collaborative; thrives working with others in a team setting to accomplish shared goals
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college/university
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-126266