MasterCard Manager, Data & Services Pay for Performance Sales in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Data & Services Pay for Performance Sales
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
The Revenue Maximization team is a functional group within the D&S Sales and Servicing organization with the mandate to serve as an effective catalyst for accelerated revenue growth without the expected proportionate increase in either expense or commercial risk. Its role is to support the advancement of new business models plus to develop and lead all P4P constructs with Finance globally. It works in collaboration with Mastercard sales teams to optimize CBA penetration, focusses on value creation for both Mastercard and its Clients, and in doing so optimizes the commercial designs required to improve the scale, probability, timing and profitability of key opportunities. The ideal candidate for the role of D&S P4P Sales Manager should have a conceptual understanding of Pay-for-Performance (P4P) as a commercial design construct and have experienced the challenge of balancing the competing objectives of Mastercard, its Clients, and Partners towards a “win-win” outcome.
• Work effectively with stakeholders to design, negotiate and contract Pay-for-Performance (P4P) engagements globally.
• Employ Cost/Benefit analysis to formulate market competitive proposals in the most optimal commercially viable fashion.
• Be responsible for the data analysis, financial modeling and the due diligence of historic plus present campaign and portfolio performance metrics needed to develop robust P4P/success based commercial terms.
• Be responsible for producing the opportunity summary and accompanying sensitivity analysis needed for the internal approval processes of P4P engagements.
• Be responsible for the performance monitoring and periodic review of all live P4P engagements globally, including escalation.
• Collaborate with D&S regional business development leads to build and maintain a centralized ABP report for all P4P engagements globally. (ABP = Actuals + Backlog + Pipeline)
• Share in the ownership and accountability of achieving key performance metrics.
• Embrace a culture of Test & Learn for the ongoing enhancement of P4P strategies.
• Contribute to the development of marketing and sales support materials to enable the D&S business development leads in the regions to effectively position our P4P enabled capabilities and solutions to prospective clients.
• Actively engage in knowledge sharing and skills transfer to empower more junior members of the D&S Revenue Maximization team as well as other cross functional partners.
All About You:
• Familiarity with the Mastercard sales organization, preferably through a direct or indirect sales role.
• Knowledge of direct marketing programs, preferably within the Financial Institutes (FI) or Retail & Commerce (R&C) verticals.
• Conceptual knowledge of P&L management and optimization, ideally within FI and R&C verticals.
• An appreciation of the Financial and Legal concepts employed within and/or impacting the P4P led commercial design process. These include considerations for Time Value of Money, Risk Premium Thresholds, Net Accounting, Revenue Recognition, VIE, Price Regulation, Termination Provisions, Downside protections and so forth.
• Ability to be agile and creative in developing the P4P led commercial designs needed to establish a competitive advantage in a unique, innovative and compelling way.
• Solid knowledge of portfolio performance tracking mechanisms and techniques. These include longitudinal analysis on a vintage basis, waterfall analysis, cluster and segmentation analysis, trigger based analysis for early warning escalation, and so forth.
• Detail-oriented with strength in data analysis and financial modeling.
• Apply fact based analytical problem solving.
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to navigate across cultures and geographies.
• Ability to build and leverage strong relationships with key groups across Mastercard to gain support and buy-in for key decisions.
• Possess the sensitivity needed to effectively manage multiple varied stakeholder perspectives and objectives while providing P4P led commercial design options and advice.
• Ability to adapt communication style to that suited for a senior management audience.
• Experience working in an international environment across diverse markets and product segments, highly desirable.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-130570