MasterCard Manager, Corporate Treasury in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Corporate Treasury
Cross Border Services (XBS) is a global cross-border payments network provider with more than 800 employees, serving over 125 countries across Asia, Europe, Africa, Americas and Australia. Our proprietary payment network, consisting of direct integrations with 300+ banks and other financial institutions enables person-to-person, business-to-person and business-to-business payments services to our partners via APIs, SFTP, web and mobile product applications.
XBS is looking for a Manager, FX Trading & Strategy to join the Purchase office and oversee daily FX trading, risk management and support the implementation of new processes and procedures.
The responsibilities for this role include:
• Develop new foreign exchange capabilities to support business initiatives involving cross-border payments
• Define FX desk workflows, policies, procedures, and implement a high level of automation
• Execute the company’s foreign exchange risk management program and strategies
• Design and program algorithms to quote FX and manage risk
• Monitor FX trade executions and open positions
• Measure FX risk according to company policy and report exposures to senior management
• Analyze approaches to optimize risk management
• Onboard trading partners
• Identify requirements to trade exotic currencies
• Support the testing of FX risk management, quoting, and trading systems
• Communicate relevant news, market events, and FX system behavior to team members
• Analyze market trends (liquidity, spreads, volatility, etc.) for the business
• Evaluate business cases for incremental revenue opportunities related to foreign exchange transactions and support the business with project-based FX analysis
• Contribute to all aspects of the trading desk activities including position reconciliation, risk management tasks and post trade analysis
Experience / All about You:
Ideal candidate will be proficient in or possess the following:
• Experience in developing new business or service offerings
• Experience in and/or willingness to start a new trading operation including defining front, middle and back office responsibilities and workflows
• FX experience in algorithmic and/or traditional trading in spot, forward, and NDFs
• Experience in designing, programming, and/or managing pricing and risk management algorithms or processes is a plus
• Strong understanding of FX markets in G-7 and G-20 currencies; some experience with exotic currencies is a plus
• Strong knowledge of corporate finance and capital markets
• Excellent analytical skills
• Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Proven track record of prioritizing work and managing multiple projects, in addition to daily workload
• Ability to work independently and manage ambiguity
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Excellent leadership qualities, including getting work done through others, being organizationally savvy, thought leadership and influencing skills
• Finance, accounting, economics or similar degree; MBA or CFA a plus
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-172102