MasterCard Manager, Business Development, Renewals & Cross-Sell in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development, Renewals & Cross-Sell
Manager, Business Development, FI Cross-Sell & Renewal
• The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing the cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services.
• Build strong relationships internally (with Account Leadership) and externally (with Client Executive levels) gaining consensus on how to provide ROI impact to the client through sound value propositions across the data & services product suite
• Manage the process to Maintain a high retention rate across a designated portion of our Platform Customer base
• Work with Operations and cross-functional Sales teams to ensure on-time renewals and generate expansion opportunities (up-sell, add-on, cross-sell, strategies etc.)
• Proactively identify customer risk and opportunity signals; develop comprehensive strategies to combat and/or limit erosion
• Understand competitive products; can speak with authority to product differences that highlight Mastercard’s advantage
• Develop strategies and coordinate cross-functional support to help customers maximize value
• Identify opportunities for the customer to expand their Mastercard investment, both within their existing platforms and from new opportunities
• Develop and deliver creative business solutions for complex business problems
All About You
• Experience navigating and influencing senior leadership in a Corporate Environment
• B2B Enterprise Sales experience preferred
• Understanding of Issuing Bank and Payments ecosystem
• Experience in the Financial Institution space; previous Mastercard experience strongly preferred
• Proven history of dedicated, high-energy, patient, and customer-centric behavior
• Strong organizational skills including the ability to prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
• Strong presentation creation and delivery skills and ability to establish credibility with client stakeholders
• Consensus builder and influencer capable of diving positive outcomes in challenging renewal situations
• Detail-oriented with strengths in data analysis
This role can be based in Miami, New York, Rome or London.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-137135