MasterCard Manager, Business Development - Digital Partnerships (Open to US remote) in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Business Development - Digital Partnerships (Open to US remote)
The Data & Services team is a key differentiator for Mastercard, providing cutting-edge services that help our customers grow. Focused on thinking big and scaling fast around the globe, this agile team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. Centered on data-driven technologies and innovation, these services include payments-focused consulting, loyalty and marketing programs, business Test & Learn experimentation, and data-driven information and risk management services. Main client verticals include digital merchants/ marketplaces, media, software/ tech, etc.
• Responsible for business development and ongoing account ownership for Data & Services within Digital Partnerships with direct revenue, account ownership, and sales responsibilities.
• Will serve as the face of Mastercard D&S to senior-level client stakeholders, including c-suite
• Responsible for driving coordination within Demand Generation, Marketing, Solutions, and Product teams across D&S business lines and value propositions, focused on the above defined client vertical in the US
• Responsible for setting the commercial agenda for assigned territories
• Will partner with Digital Partnerships account management teams to develop a plan to support their strategic imperatives and revenue objectives
• Will collaborate closely with delivery teams to optimize go-to-market efforts and to ensure best-in-class value delivery
All About You
• Strong commercial drive with the ability to build and monetize senior client relationships based on empathy, thought leadership, knowledge of product impact, and subject matter expertise
• Ability to own and drive end-to-end sales from initial prospecting through a signed contract
• Collaborative attitude with an understanding of how to win as a team and balance various stakeholders across a large organization
• Strong networker across relevant stakeholder base with the ability to listen, build common ground, and influence to advance business opportunities and generate revenues effectively
• Top-level sales skills (internally and externally) combined with strong negotiation capabilities required for large deals
• Keen lead generation and organizational skills and strong discipline to habitually drive top-of-funnel activity, follow-ups, and conversion
• Ability to learn numerous products to drive usage/ revenue across diverse departments/ functions externally
• Ability to co-sell with other teams, manage overlapping prospects, etc. and support common goals and promote healthy and productive working relationships
• Strong commercial negotiation skills/understanding, comfort in structuring mutually beneficial terms for customer's sole consumption and/or distribution
• Data-driven solution-selling experience within consulting, software platform, adtech/ martech and/or digital platforms
• Commercial experience/ interest in eCommerce, marketplaces, software/ tech, media, etc.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-167961