MasterCard Manager, B2B Vertical Solutions Commercialization in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, B2B Vertical Solutions Commercialization
Mastercard’s Commercial Product team develops and delivers world-class solutions for small, middle and large sized enterprises around the world. As a part of this business, the Global Business to Business (B2B) Product team develops solutions and services to increase the efficiency, safety, security and electronification of business payments. Mastercard has developed the Track Business Payment Service (Track BPS). It is the first global open loop commercial solution built to simplify and automate the exchange of payments-related data between the world’s buyers and suppliers. It leverages common standards, richer data exchanges and multiple payment types to optimize the value, efficiency and control of B2B payments. The B2B payment opportunity is estimated at $125T annually.
The Manager, B2B Vertical Solutions Commercialization will lead the group’s efforts to assess and prioritize verticals, develop value propositions, engage customers and partners, manage market test and commercialization processes.
This role reports to the Track Commercialization Lead within Global Commercial B2B
Build strong expertise and insights in key B2B verticals through market assessment and partner engagement –
• Build in-depth vertical insight, including value-chain players, payments and payments-related data flows, customer needs, and growth opportunities
• Partner with enterprise partnership, sales, and account management teams to research and share customer intelligence
• Establish evaluation metrics to ensure we target and invest in verticals where we can deliver differentiated values and drive sustainable growth.
Build vertical solutions with strong value propositions
• Partner with commercial product team and teams across the enterprise to ideate and build customer-centric solutions for key verticals. Be the voice of customer internally to keep solutions relevant and impactful.
• Create clear and compelling product value narratives for internal alignment and external engagement
• Collaborate and drive cross-functional and cross-regional alignment on solution design, development, and roadmap prioritization.
• Build business cases with validated customer needs and strong test-to-scale plans
Lead and execute market test projects and commercialization
• Create market test plans with clear objectives, strong customer engagement, KPIs and resource requirements
• Manage internal and external stakeholders and resources to execute market test successfully
• Communicate and align product commercialization strategies, roadmaps, and milestones.
• Work closely with global and regional product managers and cross-functional business partners (finance, legal, operations, marketing, delivery, support, etc.) to ensure delivery of market test and commercialization goals.
All About You
• 5+ years of experience in management consulting or product management, preferably in technology or payments industry for business-to-business solutions or services
• Passionate for developing customer-centric solutions and an outside-in thinker
• Superior skills in analyzing buyer-supplier relationships, economics, and business needs in complex industry verticals and/or value chains
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills to articulate solutions and value propositions to senior management level stakeholders and customers
• Experience in launching new products / solutions in multiple regions, globally
• Strong collaborator, ability to build strong partnerships with sales and account management teams
• Ability to manage multifaceted projects; focus on delivering results
• Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or relevant post graduate degree preferred
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-139428