MasterCard Lead Data Scientist, Fraud and Cyber Products in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Data Scientist, Fraud and Cyber Products
The Lead Data Scientist, Fraud and Cyber Products will be a key contributor in helping Mastercard develop and deliver actionable insights and products to help issuers, acquirers and merchants reduce fraud. Specifically, the incumbent will:
• Actively develop new analytical dashboards to provide fraud information and benchmarks internally and externally.
• Develop analytical pipelines to identify merchants and card that may be at risk as early as possible to prevent future fraud.
• Continue to improve the fraud measurement methodologies and processes to increase accuracy.
All About You
The Lead Data Scientist, Fraud and Cyber Products will be a key player in helping Mastercard extract value from existing data sources in order to better understand, detect and prevent fraud.
• In this role, you will have an opportunity to use your data science expertise and skills to analyze worldwide fraud data to gain insights regarding fraud.
• The successful candidate will apply apply modeling techniques to identify and understand fraud to protect the MasterCard payment network.
• You will develop compelling analytical dashboards to communicate trends and insights, drive revenue and help the organization make better decisions.
• You will help build and manage new fraud related products and services that will provide value to our customers and increase revenue.
• Proven experience analyzing large amounts of data to identify trends and gain insights from it.
• Experience with statistical analyses tools (e.g., Python, R, SAS)
• Record of accomplishment in learning and applying new techniques and data analysis languages.
• Experience with Python and Spark for data manipulation desired.
• Demonstrated expertise at developing analytical dashboards using QlikSense, Tableau, and similar products. Able to turn data into insights.
• Designing the most effective charts/views to present information for clarity and proper understanding.
• Experience preparing presentations for management/clients that present insights clearly and efficiently.
• Experience working with big-data database platforms to manipulate and extract information for analysis (e.g., Hadoop, Netezza, Oracle).
• Experience writing complex queries to efficiently extract and manipulate large amounts of data.
• Ability to efficiently manipulate large amounts of data to conduct analysis.
• Experience using Hadoop clusters desired.
• Comfortable working with multiple languages and operative systems.
• Familiarity and experience with UNIX highly desired.
• Subject matter expertise in payments, cards, and /or fraud or proven ability to learn and master new subject matter areas.
• Creativity and Innovation
• Ability to think outside the box and constantly strive for more accurate and efficient ways to perform tasks.
• Experience developing new products/services.
• Ability to combine knowledge across multiple disciplines to solve problems.
• Strong organizational skills and motivation
• Proven ability to develop and execute work plans and work independently towards aggressive goals and milestones.
• Ability to multi-task and make progress towards multiple tasks in parallel.
• Strong communication and collaboration
• Ability to clearly articulate results of analyses, in writing and verbally, and to work effectively with all levels within the organization.
• Excellent inter-personal skills, able to work with colleagues remotely as well as in –person.
• Degree in quantitative discipline preferred (e.g., Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Decision Science or Engineering).
• Strong Interest and prior experience or course-work (or demonstrated track record) in model building, data analysis and visualization.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
NYC Salary Range: $136,000 - $210,000
Westchester County Salary Range: $136,000 - $210,000
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-164483