MasterCard ETH0013 - Senior Software Engineer in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
ETH0013 - Senior Software Engineer
Ethoca a Mastercard company is seeking a Sr. Software Development Engineer to join our team.
Do you want to be part of an innovator that is changing the ecommerce landscape and reinventing the way global merchants and issuers combat fraud through collaboration? If you’re excited by shattering expectations and making a contribution that will turn stale thinking into breakthrough ideas, Ethoca is the place for you. We welcome the challengers and thought leaders. We want the agile, creative risk-takers who can address challenges with an open mind, the freedom to innovate and the strength to dominate. Ethoca’s growth is explosive, and only great problem-solvers, collaborators and thinkers can help us take it to the next level. If that sounds like you, keep reading.
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Provides support of applications software through programming, analysis, design, development, and delivery of software solutions. Research alternative technical solutions for changing business needs. Major Accountabilities:
• Responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance, and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices.
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions for problems and independently perform assigned tasks, perform production incident management. Participate in on-call pager support rotation.
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices. Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Assist Senior Team members in modification of the documentation templates per the needs of the project and technology.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Thrive in a highly collaborative company environment where agility is paramount
• Stay up to date with new web technologies on the front-end and server-side through self-study, blogs, meetups, conferences, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Experience in software engineering field. JAVA 8 experience, Springboot, Jenkins, some Knowledge of Cloud (Azure preferred), continuous Integration/Delivery, familiar with IntelliJ/Eclipse as IDEs
• Familiar with Kanban and Scrum methodologies
• Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-164015