MasterCard Director, SME Optimization in Purchase, New York
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, SME Optimization
In virtually every country worldwide, Micro, Small, and Medium Businesses (SMEs) are the lifeblood of economic vitality. They represent 90% of the global workforce and 55% GDP in emerging markets. The Covid-19 pandemic only emphasized the importance of SMEs to economic recovery and growth.
Mastercard is dedicated to enabling businesses to survive and thrive stronger than before. Our rallying cry is Empowering Every Business Everywhere. This segment is central to Mastercard’s growth strategy - not only because of their global impact but also because of SMEs’ significant role in the payments ecosystem as both payers and acceptors of electronic payments.
As a Director of SME Optimization, you will be responsible for innovating and delivering on key growth initiatives in partnership with our regional and market teams. You will drive innovation in Mastercard core payments products (credit, debit and prepaid) to increase our SME share within banks while finding new ways to promote and drive adoption of digital solutions like MDES, Contactless and Send.
• Drive our SME digital enablement & optimization strategy to ensure campaign delivery that will allow swift enablement, adoption and scale of our global product/service offering in meeting the needs of our customers
• Maintain and enhance data driven framework to identify opportunities and track progress across key metrics at global level. Determine where further adjustments and enhancements might be needed in collaboration with wider product value prop and data lead
• Work cross-functionality to shape and implement framework for successful commercialization in partnership with regional teams, marketing, data analytics, consumer optimization, and other relevant partner teams to improve on and optimize new product/new market entry; address areas of focus to optimize and automate
• Incorporate relevant SME research and insight into Optimization strategy and execution, including recent foundational SME research
• Refine supporting collateral for internal and external audiences in support of optimization initiatives, guidance and training (e.g. Sales Enablement)
• Define processes and feedback forums to learn from our regional teams; identify points of friction and delay; capture proof points through case studies
• Lead efforts to foster an agile, collaborative, SME-centric, product-led culture
• Ability to challenge the status quo and shape new ways of working to drive deeper collaboration in support of our strategy and vision
• Proven track record in collaborating across a large organization, and skilled at facilitating challenging conversations and managing ambiguity
• Experience in managing product operational processes in support of commercialization/GTM
• Analytical thinker with data-driven approach and curiosity
• Voice of Customer focus; provide new thinking around how to develop a picture of customers’ current and future needs
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162591